RedLantern's turbo build....

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by Redlantern, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

I swear. Everytime that I see it, I think Race Truck.

2. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

:top::top: thanks bro. I installed the rear sway bar and man it made a huge difference. Certainly feels like a different animal when driving. It also prevented the bottoming out in the rear a bit. Still trying to figure out the settings for the qa1s to my liking.

3. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

And here I am going after a second set of sway bars. I believe the XII Performance sways will be better than the Addco ones which I currently have.

4. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

Yea I saw it in person. They look beefy. I have the oem Xrunner rsb and is already a huge improvement to not having one at all. I can imagine how well the xii performance ones will feel.

5. TRON

TRON Member

What kind of drop you install?

6. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

TR flip kit with 1" in block in rear and xii performance coils up front. Qa1 all around.

7. TRON

TRON Member

I never could find out the right size qa1s for a 4x4 sport on the tr kit. My eccentric froze on my front passenger side. Which is delaying my alignment. Anyway, truck looks great with the drop man:top::top:

8. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

Thanks bro. :top: The coilovers are modified to fit the prerunner/4x4 models. A Tw member did it. I purchased his kit from him at too good of a deal to pass up. I threw away the box for the qa1 but I'll see if I have existing photos for them to see which ones they were.

9. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Is your front sitting on the bump stops, or is the adjustment just set that low? I ask because if the coils are the QA1 300PPI , they won't have enough stiffness to lift the truck off of the bump stops.

10. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

Its adjusted to that height. I changed out the bump stops to shorter ones that I picked up from tundra racing so it doesn't bottom out in front. I think the new ones are about 1 inch in size. If I had kept the oem ones on there it would definitely sitting on the bump stops.

[​IMG]

11. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

:top: :top:

12. TRON

TRON Member

Let me know what size QA1s works best.... I need new shocks... My stock ones are shot

13. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

Took a photo today before it rained. Really liking how it looks.

[​IMG]

14. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

U said you need for the front?

15. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

XR QA1's. Perfect fit. :top:

16. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

Thanks for confirming torspd. My apologies TRON. Unfortunately I don't have photos of them. I thought I did.

17. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

Few updates, ordered a new turbo from boostlab and should be here this week. Finally made time to put the UCON back into the truck today with the 60# injectors and started right up! Just gotta get some data logs to send over to Scott to make sure things are running good before boosting again.

18. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

The circumference of that circle, from start to completion is rather large. It is back together now, and I am now quite anxious to see some datalogs with the new turbo!

19. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

Yea man. It's been quite the journey. Results came back from Scott and everything looks good. Made an est 453BHP from the last data log I sent to him. Will call to go on the dyno within the few months since I want to see the result of the flow straightener for the maf. New turbo should be here Friday and will take photos once I get it.

20. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

453BHP on the current turbo? Oh snap! Now we have some numbers to compare against.