Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RedLantern's turbo build....

justin13703

Reaction score
Why did you put the intercooler down so low, seems like a lot of it is blocked by the bumper. Was there fitment issues if it was up higher?

Redlantern

Reaction score
Why did you put the intercooler down so low, seems like a lot of it is blocked by the bumper. Was there fitment issues if it was up higher?

Couple of reasons. One was where the I/c piping will be run and two was that I didn't want to block the whole radiator. With what my goals are for the stock block, it will suffice.

Toon714

Reaction score
I have my intercooler in the front of my grill.
I dont over heat at all. And i dont even have the t stat mod done yet.

Im steady at 185 engine temp. With no wrapping or ceramic coat on my turbo or downpipe. Lol

rennurx

Reaction score
Yea I also think the intercooler is low but if it works it work. Mines in front of the rad as high as I could get it and I have no issues!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I need a new radiator. To covered in baked on mud. :(

Redlantern

Reaction score
I might move it once I start doing the plumbing. Good to know that temp levels stay at 185.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yours will be fine where it is. If you really wanted to get an idea, watch your IAT's once boosted. Not sure how long of a pull you can do, island and all, but you could tell if they continually rise or stay the same.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Yea ill do that. I know a few places where I can get some good runs :top:

Redlantern

Reaction score
Today I did a test fitment with the setup I got from power fab to check for any fitment issues and only one came up. Since this is the first to be tested on an auto, I figured I'd share my findings. After connecting the driver side vband to the header and collector I attempted to do the passenger side next. Only issue was that the lines for the auto transmission are preventing the collector pipe to line up with the passenger header. Not too big of an issue. Since part of the lines are made up hoses toward the front of the vechicle, that will be my fix for this issue. Plus it makes an opportunity to install a transmission cooler!

Here are some photos....

This Is from under the vehicle on the passenger side where the lines are preventing the collector to line up.

null_zpsc2bfe8ab.jpg

Top view from engine bay

null_zpsc8497a48.jpg

And some rotors and pads came in from r1concepts today. Brakes were going bad and rotors had some scoring so I ordered these for now. Never had an issue with r1concepts before so that's my reason for ordering from them. Will
Be purchasing a BBK in the future.

null_zpse4b20a58.jpg

Toon714

Reaction score
Ur not the the 1st to be tested on a auto....
My truck is a auto. And i got the 1st kit done by powerfab.

Mine fits fine.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ur not the the 1st to be tested on a auto....
My truck is a auto. And i got the 1st kit done by powerfab.

Mine fits fine.

You kit was custom tailored to your truck. This kit was jigged for an XR, so it is actually the first one to be tested on an auto. Thus the slight fitment issue. Due to a slight oversight in communication, it was assumed that Red Lantern had an XR.

Not a problem for the ever innovative though. :top:

Find out fittings thread diameter and pitch then get braided stainless lines. Done.

Toon714

Reaction score
Oh ya thats right.
Im tailored made. Lol

Should of did a jig of my setup since its a auto. Lol

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh ya thats right.
Im tailored made. Lol

Should of did a jig of my setup since its a auto. Lol

I bet sometimes he kicks himself for not doing that. Lol.

X-roller

Reaction score
This build thread sucks ....... :top: keep it up james!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the rest of this kit installed!!!

X-roller

Reaction score
Lmao! Damnit Ray, Just cause I'm not selling them to you cause it worked out.... Thanks for the suppor.

lol. Well I guess I have to place my order thru powerfab which I must admit. They haven't called me or emailed me. Just waiting on them now so I can get that going asap. I'll give them a call tomorrow and hopefully I can get my order placed.

What a teaser tho. You should have just left it on and put the turbo on it and got yourself going. :top: you went far enough as it is... Just run a 3" pipe out of the hood... :stupid:

Top Bottom