Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RedLantern's turbo build....

Redlantern

Reaction score
Lol! In due time my friend! I'm getting impatient as well.

Spoke with the shop owner today. Truck is scheduled to be towed in tomorrow for exhaust work.

shook

Reaction score
Nice build man, looking forward to seeing you finish it up and on the road.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Nice build man, looking forward to seeing you finish it up and on the road.

Thanks man. I saw it on the road today.....

LIKE THIS haha.

And it finally made it to the exhaust shop. Turn around time according to the welder is "hopefully" monday. I conversed with him about doing 3.5'' exhaust but said he couldn't get that size mandrel. it was either 3 or 4 inch. so i scrapped the magna flow and aero turbine and ordered a 3" in/out 14"dia x 22" body magnaflow XL. Due to this change, it will be running straight pipe till the muffler comes in. If its too loud for me then ill order a aeroturbine to add to it afterwards.

Heres a rev vid i forgot to put up since i had people asking me to post one.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYz8_l7zQeE[/ame]

Redlantern

Reaction score
Is he tig or mig welding it.

It's mig welded.

Didn't get to drive it home today. Still waiting on an AC line that had to be relocated. All work done by @osborneautoservice. Got a small clip of how the exhaust sounded tho. Got a 3" turbo back with 3030 aeroturbine and a magnaflow 13743 XL. Only revved it to about 2200 to 2500 RPMs.

http://youtu.be/E0B-aL3vdR0

Last edited:

EMS Guy

Reaction score
Damned Toyota and that BSPT thread stuff. We have fittings for those for sale. Interesting build though to say the least. Needs more pics of the turbo stuff.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Damned Toyota and that BSPT thread stuff. We have fittings for those for sale. Interesting build though to say the least. Needs more pics of the turbo stuff.
yea man. it threw me off!

Quick update. i got the truck back on tuesday. Forgot to mention that instead of using a walbro fuel pump, i ended up using a Denso fuel pump with the urd kit instead.

Just waiting on the my tuner to get back to me on when he can start/schedule me. He's currently moving his shop so hopefully he can borrow someones place for a day since it'll be run/tuned on a dynapack.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So basically everything is done, minus tuning in the AEM?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
WOT day, right around the corner.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Nothing yet... Still waiting on tuner. There's only one on island that's trust worthy. Just waiting for his 5 to 6 lug adapters to come in for his dynapack then we can tune. That's the only thing about hawaii, we get snail mail lol

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It will be there soon enough. :top: What's the expected arrival of those?

Redlantern

Reaction score
All he told me was that it should be soon. He did however come by to make sure everything is setup on my end pre-dyno. He tested the aem to make sure everything was responding which it is. So it's just the hardware holding us back :/

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just means only one thing to deal with, and not a list. That is good.

Top Bottom