Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Remin Dash Kits

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Done a quick search on this topic and the only thread that poped out was 6 years old (back in 2007)! So il start a new thread with something more up to date.

I don't know why the mod bug keeps on coming to bite me every time I see something unique on a tacoma/x-runner haha! So what caught my eyes this time are these remin dash kit for the inside of our trucks. These seem to be a big hit or miss with other threads on the web I've read. Stories from incorrect fitting to looking like its the real deal. Gotta say I'm sure most of us here likes that carbon fiber look for some of the interior trim peices.

So give your opinion on what you think about these kits! Here's the link to check em out

http://www.carid.com/remin-dash-kits/

*EDIT*
TacomaWorld has way to many threads, found the one guy that has the kit! Took me quite a while to find this thread by mistake haha

Here it is!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/195234-carbon-fiber-dash-kit.html

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Eh. I'm not a fan. It does look cheap IMO. Especially the way they did the door grab handle and window switch area.

cramersec

Reaction score
Back in the day, my uncle owned a veneer business and i had 1960 VW beetle. He gave me a slice of rosewood and i cut it to fit the dash. Which was pretty easy, because, if you're old enough to remember, that dash was a flat piece of metal.

Steve

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Looks pretty cheap imho.

Over doing the entire dash i agree it somewhat does lol

Eh. I'm not a fan. It does look cheap IMO. Especially the way they did the door grab handle and window switch area.

I'm sure if you did a few small trim pieces I'm sure it can't look to bad? As well I don't like the handle on what they did there too

Back in the day, my uncle owned a veneer business and i had 1960 VW beetle. He gave me a slice of rosewood and i cut it to fit the dash. Which was pretty easy, because, if you're old enough to remember, that dash was a flat piece of metal.

Steve

Just googled the car and yeah I can see what you did there lol

Workman3886

Reaction score
If they have a less flashy kit I think it wouldn't look bad, the carbon fiber don't look bad in moderation but that's a little extreme to me, plus the super high gloss doesn't help.

If they have a dark gray or flat black kit it would probably look pretty good, of course the only way to find out is to do it lol.

I think the brushed aluminum kit looks decent, but once again I would have to see it in person...

Last edited:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
If they have a less flashy kit I think it wouldn't look bad, the carbon fiber don't look bad in moderation but that's a little extreme to me, plus the super high gloss doesn't help.

If they have a dark gray or flat black kit it would probably look pretty good, of course the only way to find out is to do it lol.

I think the brushed aluminum kit looks decent, but once again I would have to see it in person...

Thats what im thinkin in just getting a few pieces instead of the entire dash, they do offer a flat black :p

Ohh nice, looks pretty similar to the link i posted.

My XRU search didnt even make that thread pop up?! glad you were able to find it though :top:

Rapidformz

Reaction score
To shiny

the door handles look stupid plus all the pieces are to shiny but hey to each his own i think if you used it in only certain areas and not all over the place it would have looked better is that stuff hard to get off once its on ? and will it leave glue everywhere ?

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Well with reviews I've read with the kit once it's on, IT'S ON. Just have to make sure you have a really clean surface or they will start to lift and peel off later down the road.

I would well imagine it would leave some residue, it's pretty much like a 3M double sided tape on the pieces

burnboy

Reaction score
They eventually peel off in the corners and just look bad. I used to do this to my rides back in the 70's and 90's. homie mod something else

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
They eventually peel off in the corners and just look bad. I used to do this to my rides back in the 70's and 90's. homie mod something else

Suppose il find out for myself since i ordered a few pieces to try it out lol With the thread I was in my first post the OP has had the kit for over a year and a half. He said there were a few peices that lifted but still stayed in good condition.

Top Bottom