Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Removing Rear Bump Stop Brackets

STONER-X

Reaction score
This is a very good idea but, I have questions...

Could this run a danger of blowing a rear shock from over-compression?

How much more does it allow the rear shocks to compress?

when you use block you do not compress the rear shock.. they stay in their normal position.. only the axle moves up 2" or whatever.. the shocks still remain with about there normal compression rate... even if they were compressed they would not blow out they would just ware out faster since being compressed all the time makes the shock always "think" they are on a bumpy road if that makes since..

FireB

Reaction score
I had removed the bracket today and put in a 3/4 inch Low Profile bump stop right on the frame.
My concern after I took off the bracket was the fact that the Charcoal Canister?! or some black plastic box may hit when bottoming out on this set up?
I do have a URD Trac Bar as well and it seems like that might hit?
Anyone had any hard parts hitting with deleting the brackets?

20140730_151511.jpg

STONER-X

Reaction score
I think it is a possibility. ... and someone had that problem with the. Jdm drop and track bar...

They moved it to the side.... think it was tap or gr8dane

FireB

Reaction score
I guess it would be too late for me to find out when I bottom out and crack that case eh?
Hmm..... let me see if I am able to move it to the size.
The measurement is very close of hitting or not hitting.
It depends on if the axles move up perfectly up and not on an angle if you get what I'm saying.

Either way, thanks for your input!

Ziggy297

Reaction score
I had almost raised my truck back up until I saw this thread. I installed the XII Drop leafs, sway bars and front coil overs but was bottoming out pretty hard on raised portions of the road. Did this mod tonight and it rides sooooo smooth now and corners like a beast! have not bottomed out yet, rear QA1's set to 9 and it is butter smooth.

Top Bottom