Round 2

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by TitanRattler813, Dec 5, 2016.

1. TitanRattler813

TitanRattler813 Active Member

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Sean. I've been around XRU for a while and have loved these trucks since I first discovered them in 2005. I joined the site in 2007 after I found out about it on CustomTacos when I got my first X-Runner brand new on Superbowl Sunday in Phoenix, AZ. I've gone to plenty of meets in Phoenix and Tuscon and went to X-Fest West at Lake Havasu. (I highly recommend X-Fest to anyone who wasn't been). I was top ride in July 2008 then a couple years later after moving to South Florida and dealing with the shitty dealerships and getting fed up with the throwout bearing, I traded in my 07 RR for a black 07 M35 Sport. It didn't take long before I regret it. The M was a really nice car but the fun factor wore off quickly (mostly because it was automatic).

So 6 dreadful years and 3 cars later, on October 13, 2016... I finally bought another one and here we are.

(Still figuring out posting pics from the phone lol)
    [​IMG]

2. TitanRattler813

[​IMG]Thanks to @Coupe here goes my first mod, modified TRD SS

Attached Files:

3. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Member

Nice welcome back, I don't think I could part ways with my X. It's way to much fun

4. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

What are your plans with this round?

5. TitanRattler813

I'm going F/I for sure this time. I had a Magnuson supercharger in my cart on Black Friday and couldn't bring myself to drop the cash just yet. Im still on the fence whether I want that or URD kit but I didn't see a UCON for 12+. I'm not a fan of the Roots type whine at all. I wish I would have gotten the Spec-U headers though.

I also need to find a reliable & competent tuner down here in South Florida so I can record dyno results. I don't need crazy record breaking power. Ive got 365 horses of ecoboost in my daily. I just want reliable fun that I can toy around with.

BBK, wheels, and DJM will probably be my next big purchases. I had an idea similar to what @Hard Taco has in the works, but he's way ahead of the game on me lol. 3 piece wheels aren't easy to come by so I may have to switch it up.

On the front end I'll probably do something with the grille and retrofit headlights with BHLM & yellow fogs. I may dress up some of the less noticeable parts if I get into the car show scene. Last will be the audio system and maybe custom interior if I run out of stuff to do haha. There's already a night and day difference with the short shifter installed so now I'm motivated. Just have to be careful with the credit card.

I'm glad the console and carpet are already black. I repainted the entire interior trim on my last one using SEM products and had a custom carpet kit.

I'm sure I'll think of more. My coworker is already trying to talk me into a wrap, but I don't generally like them (up close).

Torspd likes this.
  6. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

7. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

The UCON is available for '12+. Currently with the s/c kits only. Won't have to find a tuner with the UCON.

@Gadget

8. TitanRattler813

I did see when Gadget said that. I thought that meant URD kits specifically, at which time I wasnt really considering a centrifugal kit, but after reading some more I like the idea

Turbo sounds cool, but... I have one car with factory twin turbo, and more importantly I'd need to spend more time researching and following some of you guys' experience before I even consider it.

...and I'd have to find a fabricator. I'm partial to bolt ons lol

#8 TitanRattler813, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016