Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

runnin rich

kfxpro32

Reaction score
hey guys this just started the other day... my truck is runnin super rich my body kit from the exhaust back is pitch black with raw fuel... and it cuts out at about 4500rpm.... urd s/c equipped..... what should i check first... plugged in to check the code and it just says system too rich.... i'm lost.. dunno if someone dumped stuff in my fuel or what....

Spyder327

Reaction score
How long have you had the S/C installed? did you make changes to anything recently?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I've been shooting black stuff on my body kit as well, but only after I started to run it with no cats:dontknow:

kfxpro32

Reaction score
How long have you had the S/C installed? did you make changes to anything recently?

charger has been on for prolly 8 months no recent changes.... it just started happening the other day.... when i say black i mean like a diesel pickup black... my whole tip and body kit

Spyder327

Reaction score
charger has been on for prolly 8 months no recent changes.... it just started happening the other day.... when i say black i mean like a diesel pickup black... my whole tip and body kit

Do you have a wideband installed?

kfxpro32

Reaction score
yea i know... i been wantin to get one but i ain't been makin mch money lately and can't dump that kinda money yet... i'm just gonna have my buddy hook up the cpu and see if he can figure anything out

any loss in power?

the only loss is when it cuts off then super boosts when it comes back

Last edited:

quicky06

Reaction score
people are going to think im getting paid for this but if you dont have a bunch of money to dump look at this you can look at the factory widebands and everything else the PCM sees its what i use.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/ot1.php

So what your saying is that it falls on its face then pulls like a SOB when you get boost?

Spyder327

Reaction score
people are going to think im getting paid for this but if you dont have a bunch of money to dump look at this you can look at the factory widebands and everything else the PCM sees its what i use.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/ot1.php

When looking to get open loop information though, that thing will work will the new style AFR factory sensors?

I ask because if i recall correctly, the PCM stops using feedback form the AFR sensors once it hits open loop. If that happens, wouldn't you be unable to read the AFR in open loop?

kfxpro32

Reaction score
But when exactly does it do so? Right after you stomp the gas, mid-boost?
Do you have a boost gauge?

when i stomp on it it goes alright till bout 2-3psi dies kinda then pegs 6psi instantly

Spyder327

Reaction score
when i stomp on it it goes alright till bout 2-3psi dies kinda then pegs 6psi instantly

And the boost level drops down when it dies, then shoots up to 6psi?

That does not sound good.

quicky06

Reaction score
When looking to get open loop information though, that thing will work will the new style AFR factory sensors?

I ask because if i recall correctly, the PCM stops using feedback form the AFR sensors once it hits open loop. If that happens, wouldn't you be unable to read the AFR in open loop?

yea the pcm ignores the info but it still recieves it i just made a hour long log of me driving outta bordem.

right now im loking at AFR for both banks(2 seperate gauges) both cat temps( 2 seperate gauges) MAF, IAT, coolant temp, rpm, mph, tps, calc. load, spark adv, open loop status, long term fuel trim, and barometric pressure.

ill start another thread about this

get in the chatroom if you got more questions about it

Last edited:

kfxpro32

Reaction score
And the boost level drops down when it dies, then shoots up to 6psi?

That does not sound good.

yea thats definately what happens.... its done it before but only when i've had to drive in pouring down rain... and it rained that day so i din't think nothing of it just figured needed to dry out.... well it ain't gotten wet for two days and its all screwed up

Top Bottom