Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scangauge II AFR

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
you can change how fast you want the scangauge to read the OBDII port...should be in the options menu some where...

if you can't find it I'll take a look at my SGII on my lunch break...

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
you can change how fast you want the scangauge to read the OBDII port...should be in the options menu some where...

if you can't find it I'll take a look at my SGII on my lunch break...

still doesnt work very fast. but if you set all 4 displays to the same one, and the settings to fast read, then it will work a little bit better.

Aspen_S/C

Reaction score
I'm impressed, this works pretty damn good for what I need, glad I found this!

I am about to give up on my expensive and mostly useless Innovate system, I am pretty sure it has to do with the bung position in the stock header being so close to the actual exhaust, blazing hot.

It only works when it is cooler out, as soon as it hits 60 degrees or higher, forget it, the thing reads -.-.- all the time.

Anyone have an idea what I can do to cool down the wideband sensor? I am wondering if an 6-8 inch extension with a series of heat sinks might work.

Wizard

Reaction score
I'm impressed, this works pretty damn good for what I need, glad I found this!

I am about to give up on my expensive and mostly useless Innovate system, I am pretty sure it has to do with the bung position in the stock header being so close to the actual exhaust, blazing hot.

It only works when it is cooler out, as soon as it hits 60 degrees or higher, forget it, the thing reads -.-.- all the time.

Anyone have an idea what I can do to cool down the wideband sensor? I am wondering if an 6-8 inch extension with a series of heat sinks might work.
Extensions and heat sinks should work; after all that's why Innovate made them. :top:

I made my own heatsink out of copper, and had my headers ceramic coated. (on my boosted Maxima) My LC-1 and XD-16 work flawlessly. I can send you a pic if you want.

Aspen_S/C

Reaction score
I did a home made dual heat sink and then cut the crappy terminator plug out and soldered it, now it works perfect, every time.

I now get to compare A/F-R readings between the Innovate and Scanguage-II, they are dead on the same all the time.

Extensions and heat sinks should work; after all that's why Innovate made them. :top:

I made my own heatsink out of copper, and had my headers ceramic coated. (on my boosted Maxima) My LC-1 and XD-16 work flawlessly. I can send you a pic if you want.

Attachments

• HeatsinkA.jpg
    HeatsinkA.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 87

Wizard

Reaction score
I did a home made dual heat sink and then cut the crappy terminator plug out and soldered it, now it works perfect, every time.

I now get to compare A/F-R readings between the Innovate and Scanguage-II, they are dead on the same all the time.
Awesome. Great to hear. Nice setup too. :top:

Here's my setup FWIW.

IMG_5029.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

BLUE X

Reaction score
Oh that sucks. How can we gwt it to wrk with ither vehicles.

SooRunner

Reaction score

Sales on the SC-II will skyrocket since it has more features than a wideband and accurate afr readings. (if it is confirmed accurate)

Wizard

Reaction score
Sales on the SC-II will skyrocket since it has more features than a wideband and accurate afr readings. (if it is confirmed accurate)
But the refresh rate on the Scangauge is slow, and this feature doesn't work on all vehicles. Also, most vehicles run off a narrowband sensors, not wideband, so I don't think the Scanguage will take away any business from wideband arena. :top:

Top Bottom