Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shane's URD MRKlll++ supercharger Build

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
G man your right about that...it deffinently helps with the socket set up!

rob

shane881510

Reaction score
does o2 sim affect ucon in any way. I have mrk3 s/c and still have o2 sims on. I keep getting low volts on bank 1 sensor 2 o2 sensors.

Gadget

Reaction score
The URD Rear Sensor Simulator should be removed if the UCON is installed.

G

shane881510

Reaction score
got o2 sim off. no more cel. would the o2 sim cause a bad tune on the ucon.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It is clear that it causes a voltage or current difference when paired with the UCON, since it has its own sim.

You were just trying to be doubly safe though right? ;)

shane881510

Reaction score
drove over 600miles round trip this weekend. truck done good. still got good gas mileage. but still have a split second delay on throttle between gears. still hesitates when under load under 2g rpm. what u guys think.

shane881510

Reaction score
the stage one kit is fun in all but I'm not impressed. I'm gonna order the stage 3 kit ASAP. u stage 3 guys have talked me into doin it.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Need larger throttle body. ;)

shane881510

Reaction score
been boosted for over a month and seems to still have trouble with tune. can't get the thing tuned right. I be stage one to lean stage three is rich stage two has been the best but change the maf. it's all jacked up again. it falls on its ass between power shifts . i cant find a place to dyno tune it with in 200miles.. it don't pull as hard as it should. it's disappointing. i seem to be the only person to have this trouble out of the mrk3 and ucon.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you emailed Gadget? They are the only ones who can tune it.

Gadget

Reaction score
I know that iTronix tech support has been working with you to get this sorted out. The last session where iTronix remoted into your UCON the tech saw something odd and gave you an action list of things to check/replace before your next session which is in the morning.

Have you done those things on the action list?? This is important before he remotes into your UCON in the morning.

G

shane881510

Reaction score
yeap done them all. it's just frustrating cause after ever tune it's the same thing. the same problem. I'd just like to know what the cause of it is. so I can fix it. the only noticeable change came from the new maf. the exhaust is air tight. no vac leaks. no cels.

Gadget

Reaction score
I feel ya. Trust me, we all want your truck running as smooth as mine dose and we are going to continue to work hard to find that little issue that is keeping it from being perfect.

I know it is hard, but keep the faith.

G

Gadget

Reaction score
Yes. There are a couple out there now and more very soon.

If you are planning on building an engine it is a good idea to get the larger setup now.

The way we are setting them up is shipping the -91 supercharger with one sise up pulley. So a stage 3 would get the 75mm instead of the 70mm pulley and we keep the max engine RPM down to close to the stock red line. Also ship the kits with the 800cc injectors.

What we see with this is the same flow rates of the -81 with a 70mm at 6200 with the -91 at 5600 and a 75mm. The other interesting thing is the rise in induction air temp is very much reduced. We are seeing a very small rise in IAT at full boost of just a couple of degrees.

Down the road with a built engine you can run the 70mm and wind the RPM up to 6200. It will give you some expansion room already built into the kit.

G

butters607

Reaction score
yeap done them all. it's just frustrating cause after ever tune it's the same thing. the same problem. I'd just like to know what the cause of it is. so I can fix it. the only noticeable change came from the new maf. the exhaust is air tight. no vac leaks. no cels.

Bro give the situation utmost patience I feel ya on this tuning is the hardest part of the whole install mein but rest assured gadget will take care of you and get it right :-D

Gadget

Reaction score
The larger inlet of the -92 will not meet up with the air filter box.

G

shane881510

Reaction score
why is there large amounts of oil coming from breather on passenger side valve cover.

Top Bottom