Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shane's URD MRKlll++ supercharger Build

shane881510

Reaction score
Well I must be to much for the -92 blower. Had to put my old -81 back on. The -92 was blowing fluid out of the oil tank under boost and throwing it out the compresser outlet. Output shaft seal must be out.

iniazy

Reaction score
So you've been burning rotrex traction fluid in your engine? :oops:

Man that doesn't sound. I hope you can get the unit replaced under warranty.

shane881510

Reaction score
So you've been burning rotrex traction fluid in your engine? :oops:

Man that doesn't sound. I hope you can get the unit replaced under warranty.
Yeap burning a small amount of it, most of the fluid was blowing out the vent cap tho. Yea I'm hoping I can to, I already miss the -92. While it was out I measured the compressor wheel. 70mm inducer and 105mm exducer.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Already make contact with URD?

shane881510

Reaction score
Didn't buy the -92 from urd. Gadget can't help me with warranty claims. I'm in contact with the ppl I bought from so hopefully I get a new unit and it don't cost me a arm and a leg again.

shane881510

Reaction score
Update no warranty will be made on -92 . Said I was at fault so sent it to have it rebuilt. And now It seems I’ve tore another center section out of a clutch again. Fml

Redlantern

Reaction score
Update no warranty will be made on -92 . Said I was at fault so sent it to have it rebuilt. And now It seems I’ve tore another center section out of a clutch again. Fml
I thought those rotrex units can’t be rebuilt?

iniazy

Reaction score

Man, how do you manage to do those things to your truck?

I thought those rotrex units can’t be rebuilt?

They can, but Rotrex doesn't recommend it. I've seen rebuild parts for the -81, but never seen someone selling -91/92 parts.

shane881510

Reaction score
Man, how do you manage to do those things to your truck?

They can, but Rotrex doesn't recommend it. I've seen rebuild parts for the -81, but never seen someone selling -91/92 parts.
all c38 units have same drive sections seals bearings and what not. I have output shaft seal out. Guy in Texas rebuilds them and sells parts for them. 250$ To get it fixed. And the clutch idk, the last one did the same thing but lasted a few years. This one didn’t make it long at all. Stage 3+ isn’t made for drag racing is all I can say. Going with solid hub this time around.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
all c38 units have same drive sections seals bearings and what not. I have output shaft seal out. Guy in Texas rebuilds them and sells parts for them. 250$ To get it fixed. And the clutch idk, the last one did the same thing but lasted a few years. This one didn’t make it long at all. Stage 3+ isn’t made for drag racing is all I can say. Going with solid hub this time around.

Which brand clutch? Time to get a different brand if it same brand keeps doing the same thing.

shane881510

Reaction score
I use urd clutch’s. After the last one broke it got sent back to see what caused it and they said the alignment of the trans, no pilot bearing and input shaft having slack and me ramming and jamming on it cause flexing while the clutch spun out of center and it rips the center out after some much of it. Comes down to these shitty transmission. I’m getting gadget to make me a solid hub disk. I’m gonna try that see how it holds up. Maybe something else wil break this time. I’ve got plans for a t56 swap when the trans breaks.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I use urd clutch’s. After the last one broke it got sent back to see what caused it and they said the alignment of the trans, no pilot bearing and input shaft having slack and me ramming and jamming on it cause flexing while the clutch spun out of center and it rips the center out after some much of it. Comes down to these shitty transmission. I’m getting gadget to make me a solid hub disk. I’m gonna try that see how it holds up. Maybe something else wil break this time. I’ve got plans for a t56 swap when the trans breaks.

Do you have plans to bring this beast back to X-Fest? :)

shane881510

Reaction score
not this year, I have retraining for work. Maybe next year. I wanted to come tho.

justin13703

Reaction score
Just curious but what did they say you did to cause the failure?

But yeah. These are by far the shittiest transmissions ever put in any vehicle lol.

shane881510

Reaction score
Just curious but what did they say you did to cause the failure?

But yeah. These are by far the shittiest transmissions ever put in any vehicle lol.
Said that because this trans doesn’t have a pilot shaft and bearing no support for input shaft will cause the clutch to clamp and spin out of center causing lots is of flex and The misalignment of then trans to the engine. Lazy cheap toyota design leads to flexing and making the metal weak over time Not so bad under normal power but put 450hp plus and some drag tires and the problems become worse a lot faster T56 swap will cure this problem tho. For the most part anyways Lol. I’m the only person to break the urd clutch tho.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
No, you are not. There have been others. The transmission design is a huge contributor to the situation, as well.

Gadget

Reaction score
Are you saying someone else has broken a URD clutch disc? Who?

justin13703

Reaction score
Said that because this trans doesn’t have a pilot shaft and bearing no support for input shaft will cause the clutch to clamp and spin out of center causing lots is of flex and The misalignment of then trans to the engine. Lazy cheap toyota design leads to flexing and making the metal weak over time Not so bad under normal power but put 450hp plus and some drag tires and the problems become worse a lot faster T56 swap will cure this problem tho. For the most part anyways Lol. I’m the only person to break the urd clutch tho.
I was talking about the rotrex

Top Bottom