Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shaving pounds in the X

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
What have you done to shave some pounds in your xrunner

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
i need to too lol,but i was thinking ive seen racing seats done,i recently ordered pirelli p zero tires which are 25lbs each considering potenzas are 32 each,took the spare off,tonnea covers off,anythang to take off acouple lbs

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
First of all, why u trying to shave off pounds? You raxing professionally or something? I mean if ur serious about shaving pounds, gut the interior, dash boards are heavy, guys take out ac units, remove carpet, bare minimum

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
If you could take some time off your slip by just removing this n that wouldnt you?

justin13703

Reaction score
To remove enough stuff to really make a difference you'll have to remove things that you probably don't want to unless it's a dedicated track truck like Ac, interior etc

kwigs160966

Reaction score
You can remove the spare tire mount, x-brace, sway bars if you want. Also take out all the wiring and electronics for the rear a/c outlet. Also the slider rails in the box. Then rear seats and plastic inserts under the seats. Floor mats. And then purchase light weight parts. The body kit is a big one too but that's extreme

sonic555u

Reaction score
Wow they are some serious haters here about cutting weight on the x , who would have though. Well there's a few sensible things you can do thats cool like carbon fiber hood by VIS or Carbon creation, racing seat like recaros or something, swap the steering wheel with a light weight racing one like momo, light weight wheels 18 inch like gram lights, custom fabrication carbon fiber door and body panels or aviation grade light weight aluminum doors and body panels ,custom carbon fiber driveshaft, custom acrylic or pixiglass windows. custom titanium exhaust and light weight rear brake drum hats. Then there is what I don't recommend you do unless you are a hardcore racer, this is a remove list: ac, power steering, windshield water tank, all interior plastics from floor to dash and door side panels, carpets, sun visor,passenger seat, rear seats, rear hidden compartment plastics and cover lid, interior lights, stereo and speakers, change tire kit and spare tire. the bed little compartment lids, the plastic top on the bed trim. there might be more but i cant recall at the moment. Remember keep certain things that add weight but help more in areas of racing like the body kit for aerodynamics, the keep list, bodykit, oil cooler, xbrace supention and anything that adds power.

justin13703

Reaction score
^??? I didn't see anyone on here hating? Lol people are so sensitive these days

The tricky thing about weight reduction is when you consider cost vs improvement. Weight reduction can be very valuable when you're talking about a dedicated race vehicle, that you can deal with gutting the interior and all options etc. This costs you nothing, and you get all the advantages of less weight out of it. When you are taking about saving weight by PURCHASING light weight stuff, the cost starts to go up very quickly. The 3rd to 7th lines of the post above easily rattled off 15k worth of stuff.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
If i did anything id only buy racing seats,carbon fiber hood,and some light weight wheels and remove other stuff

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
...go on diet, shave ALL my hair, drive barefoot and naked! :ahhhhh:

Free mods! :eviltongue:

TRON

Reaction score
When I got my body kit in the mail... I honestly thought the boxes were empty...

autobodyX

Reaction score
When I do track day I run a Honda Civic battery, drain my washer fluid tank.

Nashman

Reaction score
I say remove every thing and just get a lawn chair and bolt it to the frame rails. no one needs a cab and a box any way

Last edited:

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Anyone runnings these 18pounds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 147

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I run a optima red top battery over the stock one, saves like 10lbs. Plus no mess with battery acid. I don't recommend removing any suspension parts to shave weight if your racing. Maybe if your going in a straight line you will be fine but cornering will cost you big time without sway bars. Remove the passenger seat, carpet, and rear interior that should be a pretty good amount of weight from inside.

Top Bottom