Shock / strut suspension option

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Justin Kantor, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Justin Kantor

Justin Kantor Member

i wanted to check with more knowledgeable people (most of you) that our better than stock shock / strut options are limited. I did not really want to spend over 1K for a set of fronts and rear suspension. In my research the Bilstein 5100 are not a stock option for my xrunner. I’m not looking to run lower than stock in front but may add some helper springs or bags. Don’t really want to get a stiff suspension either.

2. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

Any 2wd rear shocks will work. The normal 2wd tacoma front struts are 1” taller the xrunner bilsteins. Stock Xrunner bilsteins are great and pretty cheap. They sell sets on eBay. Even dealership has good prices.

3. Justin Kantor

Justin Kantor Member

Funny I called Bilstein direct and the tech there said they did not have a bolt on direct. He said I could supply him with a collapsed and extended length number that he may be able to match something up. I will most likely be able to find these numbers here without actually having to remove the shock to measure as he recommended. Seems easy enough, I thought I read that the stock ones can fail earlier. I have replaced shock before but I don't race, drag, or want to lower anything. Just want a comfortable ride.

4. Justin Kantor

Justin Kantor Member

So I have decided to go with the Stock Bilstein replacements but I have been thinking of replacing the front coil as mine are at 90,000 miles and may have become saggy and less responsive. I'm pretty sure I want to replace them but they are $295. Are they worth it for those of you that have used the Eibach performance stock height coil?