Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

shocks or sway bars?

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Debating on what i should buy first. Spend the money on sway bars or shocks. I plan on doing a few road courses next year and i have driven laps at the local track here. Just curious to know what i should invest in now.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Get the sway bar set first

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
I assume you already have good quality sticky tires? If not, that should be your first investment. Otherwise, get the sway bars.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
If your shocks are still good, gut the sways.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I have two sets of tires, got a set of goodyear eagle F1s. I have nitto movitos right now on it, winter weather you know

FireB

Reaction score
Sway bars for sure.
It makes a night and day difference.

BondXII

Reaction score
Between your two options, you will benifit the most on a track with sway bars...if you already have good track tires as already mentioned. Huge improvement with body roll.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Well im sold then, sways it is. Now if i can just keep the rear down when going over hills ill be set.

BondXII

Reaction score
A 4x6 sheet of 1/2" steel bolted to the bed will fix that. LOL.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
A 4x6 sheet of 1/2" steel bolted to the bed will fix that. LOL.

Haha ill keep that in mind. Im sure the extra weight will help out. Im thinking about getting a spoiler kindof like yours fabbed up here locally. Unless you know a guy that makes them

BondXII

Reaction score
is that what you did ?

LOL. No it's not. We were talking to some of the VIR seasoned drivers at the Tavern after the first time we all met up for the TrackDaze. They were complementing on how the trucks preformed...they actually mentioned about the steel plate. LOL. They said that the truck had plenty of torque to not even worry about the extra weight it had to pull around...the increased speeds in the turns would outweigh (no pun intended) the fact that the plate was in the bed. Never did it though. Decided to go with some aero instead. More force on the rear wheels but not carrying the extra weight. Win-win

Haha ill keep that in mind. Im sure the extra weight will help out. Im thinking about getting a spoiler kindof like yours fabbed up here locally. Unless you know a guy that makes them

I could have another wing made. Thought about having a group of them made actually. Not sure how much shipping would be on these though. Even though they are light because of being aluminum, their size would make shipping high I think. I can find out though.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Pm me on pricing and whatnot. Shipping isnt a factor for me. Ground that baby to me ill wait lol

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Bond dont you have some extra aero parts besides the spoiler, like some trays on the side of the bed or something?

Top Bottom