Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Single turbo or twin turbo on 1grfe?

iniazy

Reaction score
I recall the trouble with twin turbos is that the driver side is too tight to fit a turbo. Unless you mount them elsewhere, there isn't enough room on the driver side.

iniazy

Reaction score
Beautiful. Where'd the battery go? ;)

Lot of stuff had to be relocated, apparently. And that's not a stock intake manifold.

STONER-X

Reaction score
The only thing I question about that twin setup is where is the MAF located? It's either deleted or the bov is in the wrong spot

Doublld

Reaction score
I hv land cruiser 2009 and i got all the setup parts for boost is installed. Am trying to figure out a way to install twin turbo as this engine has two exhaust manifolds but it got one intake, i found an intercooler custom made 2 in and 1 out. Iam wondering if both turbos r not boosting exactly same pressure, will there be any effect? And what r the other issues i will be facing? Or shall i go for single turbo and connect both manifolds to it?

I have all you need for a single turbo setup aem standalone turbo piping and more hit me up I'll give you a good deal

Super Werty

Reaction score
I just noticed that twin set up is missing the oil filler neck...I wonder why?

iniazy

Reaction score
It's not missing, it seems to be only shortened, I guess to make way for the turbo.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Beautiful. Where'd the battery go? ;)

Lot of stuff had to be relocated, apparently. And that's not a stock intake manifold.

The first picture is with the OEM upper plenum. Then he did some more upgrades and had that intake made.

The only thing I question about that twin setup is where is the MAF located? It's either deleted or the bov is in the wrong spot

He was us in the Haltech Platinum. MAP based. Also, it couldn't control the throttle body, and that is why you see a cable throttle body in the second picture.

I just noticed that twin set up is missing the oil filler neck...I wonder why?

Would have touched the compressor housing. It is just a plate to cover the opening. Had he the aluminum foil neck, it could have been modified to work. Possibly could have modified and plastic welded the stock one as well.

Top Bottom