Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sittin Sic Drop!!!

Shanes56

Reaction score
:rock:Sittin Sic Drops:rock:

Specifically engineered for the X-Runner in mind it gives a 1.75" coil drop in the front and a 2" block drop in the rear! The coils were specifically designed to make the racer and cruiser happy. 15% (775ppi) is the magical percent that gives you a tolerable ride for the daily commute but also gives the extra support in the twisties. By increasing the spring tension by 15% it limits the amount of body roll when attacking the curves. This is a great upgrade on its own but in combination with a good set of low profile traction bars and high quality sway bar bushings, the claim of handling like a 350z seems to be just that easier to prove. Below the pictures and pricing I give my critical and detailed review of this product and I invite anyone to post questions about this kit and I will answer them a soon as I can.

Sittin Sic Drop Kits come with everything you need to get your X Sittin Sic in the parking lot and in the corners.​

Included in the Kit
High Quality Polyurethane Bump Stops
2" Aluminum Drop Block Kit
Front Coils (painted with the option of powder coating for additional fee)​

Price: $300.00 + Shipping to the lower 48 (destination charges differ)​

If interested in purchasing please PM me or visit www.sittinsic.com!

Testimonial
So far I have no quams about it beside the pain it was to switch the springs, I recommend to anyone that is going to replace spring have a professional do it, it will be worth the money spent. I like that my handling has gotten a little tighter, not a dramatic amount but there is less body roll in corners (with sway bar bushings this will be a fantastic combo), also in the same respect, being that it is only a small % rate (spring tension) increase the ride is fine, stiffer by a little. alignment was not an issue, the toe was perfect just had to futz with the caster/camber the slightest amount and it was back to factory specs. In the three days that I have been driving with this kit I have not bottomed out a single time. Overall this kit is a suspension upgrade, if you want to improve in the twisties this is a great kit, but if you don't want the performance or the pain of dealing with spring replacement there are easier kits to install out there.

All in all I give it a:

9/10 functionality (could be stiffer)
8/10 Form (installation is not recommended for the back yard mechanic, potential life hazard removing springs)
10/10 Looks (I think it sits at a perfect height)

Last edited:

07SWB

Reaction score
im sure everyone would like to know,

How are the camber issues with this setup?

my question is, would it be possible to put these springs on along with a DJM kit?

Shanes56

Reaction score
Well, My truck is sitting at stock specs, there was a small amount of camber, and absolutly no toe with the Sittin Sic Coils. With the DJM there would have to be wheel well modifications, but I dont see why it would'nt be possible. But this is just speculation I nor has anyone else ever combined the two.

im sure everyone would like to know,

How are the camber issues with this setup?

my question is, would it be possible to put these springs on along with a DJM kit?

blastap

Reaction score
wow very brave doing springs on top of djm you would sit the frame braces on the ground with that setup not to mention the incredible amount of bump steer you would run into.

i_ski

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting my spring in the rear de-arched is it possible to get just the springs? What would shipping to Canada look like? :ahhhhh:And lastly are the springs powder coated or painted?

07SWB

Reaction score
well if i could get the coils at 1" then i would run the DJM (when i get it) and the coils just to see the outcome. You are right though, a 2" coil and a 3" drop would be kinda pushin it lol

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting my spring in the rear de-arched is it possible to get just the springs? What would shipping to Canada look like? :ahhhhh:And lastly are the springs powder coated or painted?

x2, except I am going to de-arch the leafs. That way I'll have looks and performance.

So would you sell just the front springs, even for those that are already running 2" blocks in the rear? How much would we be looking at?

blastap

Reaction score
if i turn hard at a low speed my inner fenders rub i could just imagine a inch lower,you would have to change your driving style quite a bit

XDsm

Reaction score
Could we buy just the coils? I'm already dropped however I might want to swap out to the coils in the front. Also what is your camber at? I would like to get my camber to 0 or .5

Shanes56

Reaction score
I can do a spring only Group buy, as for the sets that I have I would rather not break them up. It would be a difference of about a week in shipping time.

IF this is the case and many of you are interested in just the front I will start a seperate thread for a front only group buy.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I can do a spring only Group buy, as for the sets that I have I would rather not break them up. It would be a difference of about a week in shipping time.

IF this is the case and many of you are interested in just the front I will start a seperate thread for a front only group buy.

ahh...now you got my attention :biggrin: :top:

BSPX

Reaction score
the rear leafs are dearched from the factory. thats how they got the drop. You would actually have worse performance in a dearched leaf because they are straighter and more prone to axle wrap. I would like a front only kit, but not willing to pay $260 or more for that at all. Maybe $200 or less. I know its supply and demand but I can wait for belltech. MAJOR props though for making this another option. How are the tie rod angles?

quicky06

Reaction score
what are the limitations on wheel size with this kit? i run on 15s for the winter

Shanes56

Reaction score
If you are asking if 15's are to small the answer is no (I am asuming you are not running low pros for winter tires)

what are the limitations on wheel size with this kit? i run on 15s for the winter

2006nightrider

Reaction score
This might be the kit I'm looking for... Do you think I will be able to put this on my truck with my 24"s..... If you look at my pics, I think I have enough clearance to put this kit on. Right now, all I have is 1.5" blocks in the rear and stock front...?

x-runner kid

Reaction score
i think you might rub when you turn corners with your 24" but i might be wrong :dontknow:it would defenitly be close :ahhhhh:

Shanes56

Reaction score
PM sent! :top:

This might be the kit I'm looking for... Do you think I will be able to put this on my truck with my 24"s..... If you look at my pics, I think I have enough clearance to put this kit on. Right now, all I have is 1.5" blocks in the rear and stock front...?

Sykotic336

Reaction score

im definately interested but depending on how much were looking at. I gunna have to fork something out anywayz :laugh:

Top Bottom