Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Snow Tires Make All the Difference

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Exhibit A:

1622622_10101415571814549_1335345602_n.jpg

7" of unplowed snow + 1.75" Sittin Sic (XII Performance) Drop Coils + 2.25" Sittin Sic (XII Performance) Mono Leafs + Hakkapeliitta Rs= X-Runner Snow Plow

I don't want to ever hear that these trucks aren't good in the snow.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Are you actually driving through snow drifts? If so how is the body kit holding up?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you actually driving through snow drifts? If so how is the body kit holding up?

I did yesterday because I didn't have a choice. Luckily it was very light and fluffy or I wouldn't have dared. Body kit took it like a champ. :top:

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I run 4 Toyo snow on mine and I do watch for the snow banks( we had some rain and every thing froze solid). The posy rear end makes a big difference.

Braking Bad

Reaction score
I might buy hakkas next year. Have only heard good things about them.

You put any thing in the bed?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I'm still on my blizzaks that I bought when the truck was new in 05. Those have done awesome for me.
I run about 400 lbs of sand and salt in the bed during the winter. Never had issues getting around.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
400lbs good gawd! Thats almost half the max payload for the bed.... the fuel pump must love you!!

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
best winter tires period! so many times i've made it up snow covered roads that i couldn't with my previous winter tires and they're dead silent on the hwy unlike most others. only drawback is they're really expensive

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I might buy hakkas next year. Have only heard good things about them.

You put any thing in the bed?

Go for it bud. Awesome tire. As for weight, nothing right now. When I wasn't fishing as much during the winter I'd put my summer rims in the bed.

I'm still on my blizzaks that I bought when the truck was new in 05. Those have done awesome for me.
I run about 400 lbs of sand and salt in the bed during the winter. Never had issues getting around.

I ran a set of Blizzaks....great tires as well. I'd have to say these are even a bit better. :top:

best winter tires period! so many times i've made it up snow covered roads that i couldn't with my previous winter tires and they're dead silent on the hwy unlike most others. only drawback is they're really expensive

Worth every penny though. When you make it up hills that AWD vehicles aren't, you know you're doing something right.

gunner76137

Reaction score
I bought Michelin Pilot Sport All Season Plus 255/45 ZR18,and love them. We had 9 inches of snow last week and no issues with only about 150 lb.s in the rear. I had to actually jump on it pretty hard trying to break loose the back tires.
Last year the tires I had I was lucky to get to work one night with 3 inches of snow. And was slipping and sliding every where.

Judas

Reaction score
when you say hakkapeliita R....is the R2 the same thing?
and what size tire is that? 255/55/R18?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
255/45/18.....and no, I have the R not R2.

Judas

Reaction score
but the R is discontinued right?
So is the R2 maybe it's replacement? is the tread similar to yours?

Judas

Reaction score
do you have a link? I cant find it.
maybe they're only available in the U.S?

Judas

Reaction score
Nvm, I actually found a review comparing the R vs the R2.
Thank you.

Top Bottom