Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Someone name this part...

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
I can't remember, but I saw someone post about this just recently either on here or CT asking about these Low Volt Interrupters (I don't know the actual name). I was about to tell them I had one, but I didn't have to use it, and then of course a day later, I had to use it. I was coming out of my scuba class tonight and went to hit the unlock on my key fob and nothing happened. Tried again to no avail. So I remembered that my dealer had installed this thing...

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

... on my truck and told me to just release the cap and press the button. After the second try, my alarm went off, making me look like a jackass breaking into my own truck :hahaha: :banghead: :ahhhhh:. Then she started right up.

So does anyone know what they are called? From what I remember hearing, it cuts off my battery if the voltage goes below 11.7 to keep it from dying completely. I'm pretty happy with the idea, but I want to read into them more.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I think battery juice saver would be good name for it :D

Anymore parts you need named?

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think battery juice saver would be good name for it :D

Anymore parts you need named?

That's what I thought it was called too... :laugh::laugh:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
did some searching.. only two names i can come up with:

Batter saver and priority start

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
So does anyone know what this is for? I was thinking today that maybe it has to do with the alarm and someone trying to get in while the alarm is set??/:hmmmm2:

IMG_0073-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Stevenredx

Reaction score
My guess is it keeps the battery from going dead so your alarm will always work.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
I know boys. I had to get something quick before my drive home and I haven't had time to go get any more. :ahhhhh: What filters do you recommend? I like Mobil 1...

Last edited:

XDsm

Reaction score
So does anyone know what this is for? I was thinking today that maybe it has to do with the alarm and someone trying to get in while the alarm is set??/
[/quote]

It cuts the power flow from the battery when voltage goes below 11.7 volts. This keeps the battery from draining. It's not so good for use with alarms since it will cut the power to the alarm and I know my alarm in my other car freaks out when power is lost and restored.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
It cuts the power flow from the battery when voltage goes below 11.7 volts. This keeps the battery from draining. It's not so good for use with alarms since it will cut the power to the alarm and I know my alarm in my other car freaks out when power is lost and restored.

Thanks man.. make me look like a fool :motz:

What you said makes sense though :top:

XDsm

Reaction score
Thanks man.. make me look like a fool :motz:

What you said makes sense though :top:

:biggrin:

I have seen products though that you plug in and hook up to the battery that keeps the battery topped off and doesn't cut the power such as this device does. That way your electronics that are on the hot power continue to have power IE alarms, radios, and clocks.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
:biggrin:

I have seen products though that you plug in and hook up to the battery that keeps the battery topped off and doesn't cut the power such as this device does. That way your electronics that are on the hot power continue to have power IE alarms, radios, and clocks.

And what products would these be?

Top Bottom