Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Soo my MAF sensor got wet Part2

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Since you were having such rich problem, with that code, I know what it is now. It is your plugs. I had the same issue. I had to pull my plugs and clean them with some brake clean. They were so bad that my truck wouldn't even start. They were extremely black. Once I did that, it worked it self back to normal.

Slay0r

Reaction score
ok, on the ride back from work its happened some more (in 2nd and 3rd) this time. Again on easy acceleration.

Brian- i know, im about to order some Denso IKH24s

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Slay0r said:
ok, on the ride back from work its happened some more (in 2nd and 3rd) this time. Again on easy acceleration.

Brian- i know, im about to order some Denso IKH24s

How long will it take them to come in?? I might get rained out either tomorrow or Wednesday I can come help if you want...if your able to take off work.

Slay0r

Reaction score
I can't take off during the week. But i may try to order them to be in this weekend. Maybe we can do them while we're de-modding :(

rexrunner

Reaction score
Honestly seems fine to ne. The truck stock fuel trim is like 10.8 at wot under high loads. So the 80% throttle wasn't full throttle. You need to see when you go from closed to open loop. Do u have a afr tuner? Any kind of ecu. Did so then it needs to be re programmed. Mafs do not read the same. They are held to a certain tolerance. So u could be one way along with all the other tolerences of the other senses gives your truck a true personality unlike no other lol. So ever truck benefit most fron a custom:crinklehair: tune.

Oh and trash that intake man. I had too many problems with my front intake too until I trashed it lol. Mafs do not like water or dirty air. It's way to sensitive

Slay0r

Reaction score
well now the problem is more of the truck bogging/riching out under easy acceleration.

I have the Additional Injector-Timing Calibrator that comes with the MK1 s/c kit. If i didnt have that, i would ditch that intake, but i cant

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
He has a urd s/c...I don't think you can run a different intake can you?

rexrunner

Reaction score
Oh my fault didst fully read. It would need to be re made to stay under the hood. Hmmmm

Slay0r

Reaction score
Its cool

Denso IKH24 plugs have been ordered. Brian I guess ill see you on sat? lol

if that doesnt work i guess ill try o2 sensor bank 1

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Slay0r said:
Its cool

Denso IKH24 plugs have been ordered. Brian I guess ill see you on sat? lol

if that doesnt work i guess ill try o2 sensor bank 1

Lol yep yep....Friday or Saturday whichever is best for you?? I wanna try to get it off asap so I can ship it off.

Slay0r

Reaction score
i guess depends on when the plugs come in. I got the fastest shipping they had USPS priority 2-3 days

I get off 1pm on fri, and then im free on sat. as far as i know

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Slay0r said:
i guess depends on when the plugs come in. I got the fastest shipping they had USPS priority 2-3 days

I get off 1pm on fri, and then im free on sat. as far as i know

You most likely will have them by Thursday. If I get off early enough I might pass by Friday and pick up some coronas and get to work lol. Then I can prolly mail out the kit Saturday morning.

Slay0r

Reaction score
yeh, we gunna need some. Those plugs are not fun when u have a MK1 in the way

Slay0r

Reaction score
Well i thought i'd be writing the end of this story by the end of the weekend, but it seems like it will go on

Last weekend after david and i changed the maf sensor, the blinker/hazard light fuse blew. I figured it happened while we were testing stuff,..no biggie pop a new fuse in there, its fixed.

Fast forward to saturday. (spark plug changing day)
-Change out the plugs, do some pulls, make sure afrs are in line. Trucks running like a champ. Drive it later, realize blinkers dont work. I used my backup fuse last time, so ill have to go to wally world in the morning to get another one.
-Go to walmart, get the fuse and put it in right there in the parking lot. Test the blinker out and boom truck dies. Start it up, try again, and it dies again. I pull the fuse and go home (no issues).
-i get home and txt david(fmap4life) to see if he has any ideas. He said "see if the truck dies when u hit the hazards" i start the truck up hit the blinkers, then the hazards,...they work, and the truck doesnt die....??? Guess it was a fluke in the parking lot.
-later on i go to get some food, get to the end of the subdivision and truck riches out and almost dies(had the blinler on but didnt realize it at the time. Get to the end of the street and hit the blinker and the truck kills. Theni remember,oh shit, problems still there, dont hit the blinker. I space out and hit the blinker while turning and truck almost dies and CEL comes up. I pull over and check it out. Its P0103 again! I clear it, pull the fuse and see what happens. Same issue as a couple of weeks ago. Running pig rich 12s at idle amd cruise now.

I have a gremlin, and now i need to get yet another maf sensor tom.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Damn dude I was gonna text you earlier to ask how it was going but I forgot lol. I was hoping the plug change would cure it but I guess not. I hope you can get this figured out cuz that test drive was awesome.

What other circuits are running off the blinker fuse??

Slay0r

Reaction score
It was fine till i tried to fix the blinker issue :/

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Slay0r said:
It was fine till i tried to fix the blinker issue :/

Leave the blinker fuse out and use your left arm out the window like the bicycle riders do lmao...

Something is shorting out that is tied into the blinker fuse if it kills when you turn them on...does anyone else know what else is running from the blinker fuse circuit???

Slay0r

Reaction score
Lol my dad was following me and i did that when i was turning for lulz, and my gf said she was goin to get out hahaha

Top Bottom