Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sound deadening material??

Brand and amount of sound deadening material you used???

• Total voters

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I'm just learning about all this i never needed all that in any other cars i had or just didnt worry about it.

rich017

Reaction score
I'm just learning about all this i never needed all that in any other cars i had or just didnt worry about it.

Raamat also has peel and stick ensolite now.

Deadening and Dampening are two different things and you need to do both. Dampening is the tar/rubber stuff and you put that on the inside of the door to get rid of that tin can sound and it eliminates vibrations and rattling. Toyota's are HORRIBLE with this because the doors are so thin and they flex a lot.

Then you do the Dampening which is the ensolite. You put a 8" x 8" piece of that behind where the speaker mounts to absorb the harshness the speaker will produce inside that door. Adding more will absorb too much from the speaker and deaden music too much. Then you cover the exterior of the door with ensolite also and this is to reduce road noise and wind noise.

On all the other surfaces of the truck like the rear wall, floor, and roof you completely cover those with the dampening material and completely cover with the deadening also (ensolite) since no sound is being produced from speakers within those surfaces.

Wickd X

Reaction score
Well after reading everyone Else's post I think I went above and beyond on my truck I went with Second Skin products and did 100% cover of my floor, roof, back wall, fire wall, inner and outer door panels. I used all 3 products being the Damplifier (compared to raamat/dynomat), Overkill (basically ensolite foam) and luxury liner (a really heavy rubber/vinyl matting weights like 1 1/2 pounds per square foot) then in the doors i doubled up the 3 layers for a 6 layer effect behind each of the speakers I even removed the black storage box out from under the rear bench seat and use all 3 layers to create a custom sub box using 2 pionner 10's mounted under the bench seats for a stock look with a bang. I then followed that up by using Great Stuff expanding window and door foam to seal up all the little cracks, nooks and cranny's I could find it dries flexible and creates a air and water tite seal. It was a long process took me about 3 weeks to finish it all and I had to remove all the stock foam from the bottom off the floor to get it to fit back in properly. Not to mention the few hundred dollar cost, BUT its awesome driving in the truck is like driving with a pair of ear plugs in your ears with a set of ear muffs over its that quiet and I can turn the radio and subs up to the point that your heart starts to skip beats and you can barely hear a thing outside, and unlike the ricers and boom boxers there's not one sound of vibration on the truck. Like everyone said best mod I ever did.

Reaction score
Why would anyone what to deaden the sound of their exhaust? Defeated the purpose of a performance exhaust.

Cheezie

Reaction score
Great Stuff expanding foam, Raamat is ok... so is RoadKill.

I used to get the American Bass stuff for free. So thats what ive always used.

benjaminwiseman

Reaction score
Dynomat was my choice. I love the way the doors sound when they are closed, nice and tight!

Top Bottom