SPEC-U EXHAUST

Discussion in 'Underdog Racing Development (URD)' started by o0opackersfano0o, Jun 21, 2017.

1. thewarriordinghy

I don't really wanna fork up the $$$ to add onto it again.... (It'd be the third time for me)

2. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

Most vehicles loose power with out any back pressure unless you're wot all the time. You should just get an exhaust and get cut outs. Doesn't it drive you nuts? The drone on the highway must be unreal.

x-runner kid likes this.
  3. thewarriordinghy

doesn't bother me at all... Our trucks aren't that loud... Also there is an article somewhere about back pressure... Can't find it, but it explains it all. It's not like I cheaped out and just cut off the muffler...

4. thewarriordinghy

5. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

Cops don't bother u at all?

Attached Files:

6. thewarriordinghy

I checked it against several other sources, and no they are looking for super speeders, and I don't play those games ever since I got rid of my muffler.

7. whippersnapper02

Looks like an article written by a dude wearing tighty whities in his basement.

Expansion comes into play, not backpressure. The expansion helps scavenge the gasses at low to mid RPM from other cylinders from the next exhaust event (think Y pipes and equal length headers) but they also can't expand too quickly as in a dumped exhaust. In the end, that setup is causing a loss of low to mid end power but an increase of high end power which isn't good for daily driving. Keep in mind that I'm talking about fully stock engines.

#27 whippersnapper02, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  8. thewarriordinghy

The original article that guy ripped off explains that, and also uses dragsters for examples of back pressure myth

9. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Those are all force induction...

10. thewarriordinghy

One argument they used was to partially block the pipes and watch it run like crap.tje consesus of it all is that there is a happy medium in all applications. Now URD headers and URD y-pipe certainly exhibit the happy medium for our motors

11. whippersnapper02

Dragsters don't use OEM engines. Heads, cam and intake manifold are all different to flow much much more than the tiny 1GR.

12. Slywhitty

Slywhitty "Midget Magnet"

You have no clue.... comparing dragsters and race cars to a v6 Tacoma. Not a clue. FYI. Your truck sounds like shit. If you like it. It's cool. But...... I'll keep quiet. Don't wanna get in trouble lol

13. thewarriordinghy

Point is they make ridiculous power on open headers.... I have a full exhaust, and I doubt there's much gain or lose to be had on the 1gr.

14. whippersnapper02

The point isn't a good one though because of the airflow difference.

Read up in exhaust scavenging. It's weird how it works but it's an actual thing. Ever notice that massive chamber on the exhausts on 2 strokes?

15. thewarriordinghy

But wouldn't the equal length headers do the scavenging?

16. whippersnapper02

Helps but I don't know if as good as a proper exhaust.

thewarriordinghy likes this.
  17. AZRckCrwler

AZRckCrwler New Member

This is the best thing I've heard all year. Any idea when you might be ready to sell again?

18. AZRckCrwler

AZRckCrwler New Member

Also, if the natural sound of our engine is a bit raspy, why try to get rid of that? That's its sound! Embrace it! I couldn't care less what it sounds like, what kind of PERFORMANCE is it going to give? If better performance means rasp, then I love the rasp :)

thewarriordinghy likes this.
  19. Wizard

Wizard Member

Bump. I'd like to know the answer to this too. Thanks.

20. TitanRattler813

TitanRattler813 Active Member

Lol the sound reminds me of putting playing cards in bicycle spokes back in the day