Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Spring wrap

Reaction score
So I have bad spring wrap sent straight from hell. My question is, will using Xrunner leafs fix it, and where could I get then for a reasonable price. I have a prerunner on the tundra racing drop kit, and I have Cal-tracs for traction bars. @Torspd any tips?

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Guessing that you have lowering blocks? Track bars could be binding up in the front shackles but make sure they are adjusted as best as you can. What is leading you to believe you have spring wrap? Do you race? The blocks definitely do not help. And I don't think x runner leafs would help either. You would be better trying to find some drop leafs.

Reaction score
Guessing that you have lowering blocks? Track bars could be binding up in the front shackles but make sure they are adjusted as best as you can. What is leading you to believe you have spring wrap? Do you race? The blocks definitely do not help. And I don't think x runner leafs would help either. You would be better trying to find some drop leafs.
No drop blocks, I lowered my truck with an axle flip, and based off of a few threads I've read axle wrap would be the culprit. What adjustments do y'all recommend?

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Set the truck on jack stands loosen everything off and make sure there is nothing binding in the suspension. With all the weight sitting on the suspension adjust the the trac bars until they just make contact with the spring and then tighten another quarter turn. The cal trace should complete eliminate the spring wrap so my guess is that isn't your problem. Make sure all the u-bolts are tight enough as well. You may be having an issue with pinion angle, have you checked it out?

Reaction score
Set the truck on jack stands loosen everything off and make sure there is nothing binding in the suspension. With all the weight sitting on the suspension adjust the the trac bars until they just make contact with the spring and then tighten another quarter turn. The cal trace should complete eliminate the spring wrap so my guess is that isn't your problem. Make sure all the u-bolts are tight enough as well. You may be having an issue with pinion angle, have you checked it out?
Have a schematic of how it should ideally line up?

easts1d3

Reaction score
I have a brand new set of Xrunner leafs if your interested

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Xrunner leaf springs will definitely help to reduce the axle wrap. Even without the CalTracs.

Make sure the caltrac hinge is adjusted so that the bar which presses onto the leaf springs, just has the slightest daylight between it and the top of the leaf spring.

Reaction score
Xrunner leaf springs will definitely help to reduce the axle wrap. Even without the CalTracs.

Make sure the caltrac hinge is adjusted so that the bar which presses onto the leaf springs, just has the slightest daylight between it and the top of the leaf spring.
Can you post a pic of yours sometime?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of yours sometime?

Closes picture I currently have. The bar can be seen above the leaf spring.

68883c4f.jpg

Reaction score
You are referring to the small bar that goes transverse to the leafs on the triangle price correct?

Top Bottom