Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sproulesxrunner's Build

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
hoping to be in town friday to pick it up

Send me a text when you are in Calgary. If I am in Calgary, I'll stop by to take a look and listen.

A little update on the bike... I said I would leave it stock, and that lasted a whole 3 days. Ordered a GP style slip on and a fender eliminator. Just asthetic mods:top: She is going to look super clean pretty soon. :crinklehair:

11-GSXR600-slipon-GP-black-3QR.jpg

Yoshimura__fender_kit_GSXR1000.JPG

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
wicked looking bike man!

Thanks man. The mods have been adding up stupid quick too haha.

On another note, I'm tempted to get the windows on the X tinted. I was thinking of getting 40% all around. The rears are already tinted from factory, so I think that it would make it a little darker without being stupid black. Also with the 40% in the front it would be pretty hard for the popo to notice. What are your guy's opinions.

justin13703

Reaction score
Thanks man. The mods have been adding up stupid quick too haha.

On another note, I'm tempted to get the windows on the X tinted. I was thinking of getting 40% all around. The rears are already tinted from factory, so I think that it would make it a little darker without being stupid black. Also with the 40% in the front it would be pretty hard for the popo to notice. What are your guy's opinions.

What's the legal limit up there? Around here it's 35. But since its a 2 door truck all the back windows can be as dark as you want. If you want to keep it legal, get the front 2 tinted to the legal limit, and tint the back a good bit darker. This will make the front 2 look darker than they are but they still will be legal. I said screw it and got 20 on the front 2 and 5 over the stock tint in the back. It's pretty dark. Lol

darthyota

Reaction score
I have 17% and limo on mine and haven't been hasseled that much but I've also had limo all the way around and not been given to much trouble for it

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
How dark is limo + factory on the back? Can you actually see out of the back if it is dark out with no street lights?

darthyota

Reaction score
I dont remember I havent seen my truck since the start of June its never been an issue for me though cause I have a backup camera. Its also easier to loom out then in with tint remember

To look through the rear windows during the day you have to cup your hands up against the window and even then its hard to see in

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
It's not too bad to see out of my back windows. I mean at night with no street lights it's hard to see out with no tint lol. But the 5 over the stock looks so good. Like he said ^ you can basically press your face against the windows and not see inside lol

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Hey guys. My truck is having troubles starting every once and awhile. The problem just started lately. I will put the clutch in as usual and go to start it but the key will turn all the way to the right and nothing will happen. If I take my foot off the clutch and press it again in harder then it will start like normal. I'm pretty sure it is just the clutch safety start thing. Can someone enlighten me on what to check down there? Would my alarm effect this? Thanks

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for what I should look for or how to fix the issue? Thanks guys

darthyota

Reaction score
it could be the alarm as they have to wire it in to bypass the clutch switch

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Check the switch at the clutch pedal.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I checked underneath and nothing appears to be loose or anything. It has only done it two me twice and hasn't done it for the past couple of days. :dontknow: thanks for the input though

Gadget

Reaction score
You can adjust the position of the clutch switch. Try tweaking it a little so it will trip without so much effort.

G

azndrgnkid

Reaction score
Nice rims! I'm a big fan of Volks and it's interesting to see it being used more and more latey (I come from a BMW forum). Concave LE37's look great not to mention the gold/red color combo.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Just a little update with the truck. Volks are off and the winter tires are on. I did do something a little different this year though. I started to fiddle with the Qa1s settings in the back. There was no point of me having super stiff suspension in the back when I am driving slowly on winter tires. I have to say the difference is mind boggling. It rides like my dad's lincoln now haha. I'm definitely glad I softened up the suspension for the winter time…. definitely recommend it to any other X owners who don't drive the piss out of the truck in the winter. :canada:

A picture of my X in winter mode
100_1874.jpg

Top Bottom