Sproulesxrunner's Build

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by Sproulesxrunner, Feb 11, 2012.

1. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

My factory lights with factory bulbs and hids had a definite cutoff line that you could see. Definitely not as sharp as a projector, but it was there. In fact I had pics of it on a thread here somewhere

2. Sproulesxrunner

Sproulesxrunner Active Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't know whats going on with them. When I used to have the HIDs I had a decent cut off. I might try going to the stock bulbs and see if they are any better. It might be that I'm getting used to having HIDs with projectors in all the other vehicles I drive and I'm just getting spoiled. I'll try and take a picture of the light pattern for you guys tomorrow night.

3. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

I had a nice defined cutoff with stock bulbs and when I put the HIDS in the definition went away but you can still see a cutoff but not as good. You may also try get a set of nice halogen bulbs if you still want to be the nice guy. PIAA always does a great job on their products but you will pay for it.

4. justin13703

What brand hid kit were you using? And was it a high/low or just a low kit? I'm just curious because I had high/low set from ddm tuning and it didn't have a problem with blinding people. Honestly in the 3 years that I had them in I don't think I got flashed once. And people around here will flash you at every chance they get. It's like horns for people in NYC lol. So maybe you just had an alignment problem and they were aiming too high.

5. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

I would have to double check the brand, I got it from a local speed shop bit I have had HIDS in both my X's and I have not been flashed once in either and I kept the stock alignment. I actually get flashed once a month in my wife's Murano and she has stock halogen projectors!

6. Sproulesxrunner

The bulbs that are in it are PIAA right now. I will mess around with the lights tonight and take some pictures for you guys.

I had Ddm ones. The roads I drive on are super bumpy and I never found the need to have them. I had 4300 lights too. I still have them so I might just swap back.

#826 Sproulesxrunner, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  7. Sproulesxrunner

Finally took a picture for you guys to take a look at. Moved the lights up and down and still no nice cut off. Even had a corolla as a comparison with non projectors and it was night and day difference. I have no clue why my headlights are spraying everywhere. Could it just be the bulbs? I don't think bulbs would make any difference.

[​IMG]

This is low beam on with no fog lights. Truck was around 15 yards from the wall.

8. hrspwr236

hrspwr236 Active Member

Are you still using the stock housings. Switching to a depot housing or some other BHL may cause this as there reflector bowl might not be as good as the OEM housing?

9. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Wilson, your Def used to your other rides... There is no cut off there like your other rides with projectors... Just leave those in I guess or u can try a set of LED ones I have.

10. Sproulesxrunner

My headlights are OEM that have a black head ligh mod

Ya. My aunties corolla without projectors has a much nicer cut off though. I guess its just the housings. Ill aim them down some more.

#830 Sproulesxrunner, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  11. darthyota

darthyota Active Member

I have a set of housings or 2 still wilson one with projectors the other half way through a retrofit

12. Sproulesxrunner

How much do you want for them? I would love a BHLM with projectors. Are they the Fx projectors?

13. darthyota

darthyota Active Member

Yes depends on which set youd want

14. justin13703

I'd like to see it against a lighter, flat wall, but something does look out of whack with the beam pattern.

I finally found that pic of mine I took a couple years ago. And this was WITH hids, in the factory housings. Not projector like cutoff, but still seems to be much more defined than what's going on with yours
    [​IMG]

#834 justin13703, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  15. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

These r very nice for aftermarket.... These look like they have the bowl on the bulb... Very nice..:top::top::top:

16. Sproulesxrunner

Thanks for posting the picture. Thats the pattern I remember having but now it is way worse. I have no clue why it would have changed. :dontknow:

Which ones do you have? I have a lot of hi way miles so bixon would be mandatory

#836 Sproulesxrunner, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  17. darthyota

darthyota Active Member

Both are fxrs just one set isnt finished yet

18. Sproulesxrunner

How much for the finished set? Are they blacked out? Could you post a pic of them?

19. darthyota

darthyota Active Member

i dunno $300ish they're blacked out and have mcr shrouds

20. Sproulesxrunner

Okay. Sounds good man. Next time you plan on going to Calgary give me a text and I'll buy them off of you.