Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

squeakin composites

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
ok so i've had the composite leafs on for a little over a month now. i'm starting to get some super annoying squeaks back there. i think i'm going to tear them off and lube them up. what did ou guys use to lube them? grease? i'm going to lube the bolts and bushings blah blah. anyone else have some squeak problems?

how hard did you tighten yours down? i dont own a torque wrench but can easily aquire one if needed.

or how bout how should i know when to stop tightening? i used lock tight on the bolts just in case.

Last edited:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I just put mine on. Never heard any noise like that. Well, when I don't have my system up that is!....:biggrin:

Xraided

Reaction score
i hope i dont get a squeek when i install mines =(

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I've had the composites on since November '08 and have had no problems/noises yet!:top:

Grumpy

Reaction score
Like all polyurethane bushing, small squeak is not uncommon. I use silicon grease on all moving surface during the installed and no problem.

The CL should come with little piece of paper the tell you how much to tighten them to. Its been a while and I no longer have that paper.

rich017

Reaction score
lube them up and make sure they are not too tight or have dirt between the bushings

Shanes56

Reaction score
White Lithium is what I use with no issues, and the torque specs is 95lbs

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
Like all polyurethane bushing, small squeak is not uncommon. I use silicon grease on all moving surface during the installed and no problem.

The CL should come with little piece of paper the tell you how much to tighten them to. Its been a while and I no longer have that paper.

hmm i dont have that paper. i need that. anybody?

Top Bottom