Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Squeaky Clutch

drewXrunner

Reaction score
I installed my short shifter the other day, and about 2 hrs after i did, My Clutch started to squeak when I push it in. Has anyone had this problem before, I cant see why it would be doing this over a short shifter. :hmmmm2:

XDsm

Reaction score
They have a TSB for the squeaky clutch pedal. Mine only makes noises when it's dry outside. I have been meaning to get it fixed but just haven't found the time yet to take it to the dealer.

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
It's not the s.s. that caused it. Mine did it for a while and the dealer replaced the whole clutch pedal and master cylinder. You'll notice a big difference after it is replaced.

drewXrunner

Reaction score
yah. its not that big of a deal, but its brand new truck. and it is pretty annoying.

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Yeah I remember being able to actually feel the squeak happening through my foot. It is extremely annoying.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine only does it when it's hot outside... since it's been 20 degrees or less here, and cold since August, I haven't even bothered taking it in. I have a feeling they won't do the TSB unless it's squeaking when I take it so I'm waiting for Spring when it gets warm again.

drewXrunner

Reaction score
This is such a 'weird' problem. Must be something to do with the humidity in the air.

XDsm

Reaction score
Mine only does it when it's hot outside... since it's been 20 degrees or less here, and cold since August, I haven't even bothered taking it in. I have a feeling they won't do the TSB unless it's squeaking when I take it so I'm waiting for Spring when it gets warm again.

Yep same issue as me it seems. So I am waiting for the hot and dry weather to come so the pedal will start squeaking like crazy and I can take it in. Although by then my system will be in and I won't hear it anyway:laugh:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
It's not the humidity. I had the same problem and they said that the clutch was rubbing somewhere. I went in and told them that it was irritating me. They ordered the part and when it came in they installed it in about an hour. Haven't had a problem since. And it does feel better too. :top:

XDsm

Reaction score
It's not the humidity. I had the same problem and they said that the clutch was rubbing somewhere. I went in and told them that it was irritating me. They ordered the part and when it came in they installed it in about an hour. Haven't had a problem since. And it does feel better too. :top:

In my case it is bc it will only squeak when it's dry outside. Right now with the cool weather and high humidity it doesn't make a sound. It's only when it's low humidity and warmer weather will it make noises like crazy. The drier it is the louder the noises it makes.

MXXN

Reaction score
I can replicate it and its 5* here.

I set the truck outside and turned the floor heat on let it sit for 10 minutes

When i get in it squeaks evertime. Its stupid but it can be hard to find the time to get it to the dealer. It happened on my Silverado also and it had to do with the nylon bushing cup the pushrod rides on.

The squeak sucks but the "chatter/sticking" is what drives me nuts. Its almost like it wants to stick to the floor.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
I have seen several of these and on the last one I did we coated the bushings, spring clip and pivot points with a very very thick grease which Toyota uses on front disc brake shim pads (Toyota disc brake grease) and also Ford has the same type of grease they use on suspension bushings, this stuff is so thick and sticky that it won't come off and very heat resistant, you will have to remove the clutch pedal and disassemble it to do this but I think that there is a good chance that this will cure the problem, only time will tell, I will keep you guys informed on how it does.

bignfast

Reaction score
It's not the s.s. that caused it. Mine did it for a while and the dealer replaced the whole clutch pedal and master cylinder. You'll notice a big difference after it is replaced.

I got squeeky clutch syndrome as well. Need to get that fixed.

xxCLMxx

Reaction score
Mine dont squeak yet but its pretty cold out here. But I can feel something in the pedal it aint very smooth. My truck only has 1300 miles on it to.

07xrunner

Reaction score
no squeeky clutch here but i only have 6500 miles on her

Top Bottom