Steel blocks vs.Aluminum blocks

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DallasCowboys, Feb 13, 2008.

1. WCD

WCD New Member

Do these blocks have a mild taper to them, or are they flat? Most blocks have a taper anywhere from 1 to 4 degrees if you go to a 4X4 shop. Flat blocks would need to be made.

2. WCD

WCD New Member

The SS kit comes with flat blocks, so no they don't need to be specially made and I'm an idiot.

3. 2006nightrider

2006nightrider Active Member

I will be selling my 1.5" aluminum blocks once I get the SS kit from Shane...1.5" rear blocks are perfect size for leveling out the truck:top:

I paid $100.00 for the blocks from K2 a few months ago (complete with U bolts); but I will sell them for a nominal price once my new kit is on...if anyone is interested:biggrin:

4. larojax-r

larojax-r Member

wassup guys, Im trying to get 1" rear blocks for my truck to level it out, which ones would be the best and where to get them? any info? thanks in advance...

#24 larojax-r, Mar 27, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  5. Sleezybilt1

Sleezybilt1 New Member

blocks

I've built a lot of air-link suspension, now I have the xrunner and want to put it down. I'm using steel. I think the steel welded blocks are more durable than the aluminum. I have broken cast aluminum blocks in the past. Maybe billet aluminum is better... Go steel. -Sleezybilt1

6. Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco New Member

Steel for sure! These use grade 8 bolts for pins and are welded inside and out. Plus, they are made however you want them. Those ones in the middle pic were made for 2 members on this site. :top: btw guys, vendor membership is on it's way. (waiting to hear back from Klint) I'm not here to step on anyone's toes, only offer a few items X people could benefit from.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#26 Beefed Taco, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  7. gunner76137

gunner76137 Active Member

If you just want to go for a 1" drop PepBoy's has a 1" block that is solid aluminum, I just had a pair in my hands not an hour ago. Comes with clamps and all for 32 bucks with tax.

8. oxi

oxi New Member

I went with custom 3" steel drop blocks because I still use it as a truck and I do not want to have weak parts, also I try not to lighten the rear end, the rear needs some weight...

I have ran 5 years of parking lot auto-x and lately high speed on road courses and have had no issues with my steel drop blocks...

I had a local drag shop help to cut them for me to install...

9. Tunedx

Tunedx Active Member

Blocks suck moose c**k. I'm going to eventually get my leafs dearched when I'm ready to drop it lower. Not sure what route I'm going yet.

10. pinktaco

pinktaco New Member

cherry.....................

11. cbr264

cbr264 New Member

1.5" tapered steel blocks work great for me

12. pinktaco

pinktaco New Member

custom baby custom

13. Sorry About Ur Luck

Sorry About Ur Luck New Member

14. ub2uc4

ub2uc4 New Member

Great thread - thanks for the information

15. SPEED808

SPEED808 Member

anybody use beefedtaco steel blocks? thats what i got

16. toyota_rod

toyota_rod New Member

they be the best..i used mine for a good while and after i cleaned them up after going djm they still looked good as new! you get what you pay for thats for sure

17. Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn New Member

Brian's BEEFED blocks are awesome!!

18. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

Trying to bring an old thread back to life. Wondering if anyone on here is running xii mono leafs with blocks? I'm planning on running djm up front and monos with an inch spacer. Thoughts and suggestions?

19. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Round the corners of the blocks, maybe find a material you can place between the block and the leaf to create a buffer. The issue with the block on the mono leaf is the potential to gouge the fiberglass.