Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steel Drop Leaf Sneak Peak

absolut

Reaction score
yah, i don't haul anyting, and im on 2" blocks right now with the qa1 i only bottom out on big pot holes and my ride is bouncy. Hopefully the steelies will fix both.

BondXII

Reaction score
The "bouncy" will go away. The added torque from the axle being away from the spring is causing that. The taller the blocks, the more force you put in that one area from the "driving torque" coming from the axle. This causes axle wrap and extra flex to the leaf spring while driving causing the bouncy experience you are having. Also since the springs have an overall higher rating over stock, you won't have to have your QA1s set as high to keep from bottoming out.

Murderface

Reaction score
yah, i don't haul anyting, and im on 2" blocks right now with the qa1 i only bottom out on big pot holes and my ride is bouncy. Hopefully the steelies will fix both.

What do u set ur shox at? I think I have mine set on 5(have the original QA1's) and only bottom out on huge dips or bumps also. I don't think my ass end is any more bouncy then the front is with the SS coils up there, seems pretty balanced. What I could do away with is the bump steer. It doesn't annoy me that much but I'd like it to be gone.

How bout u guys and gals at XII Performance come up with a solution to bump steer? I'm sure you'd sell an assload of kits!

butters607

Reaction score
What do u set ur shox at? I think I have mine set on 5(have the original QA1's) and only bottom out on huge dips or bumps also. I don't think my ass end is any more bouncy then the front is with the SS coils up there, seems pretty balanced. What I could do away with is the bump steer. It doesn't annoy me that much but I'd like it to be gone.

How bout u guys and gals at XII Performance come up with a solution to bump steer? I'm sure you'd sell an assload of kits!

I had mine on 1 all the way home from texfest and never bottomed out once

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
Looking forward to the release of these as well. Thanks XII for finally doing this! :top:

kelson

Reaction score
subb'd for spring rates. guessing these won't drop my truck at all, but I would love a stiffer leaf pack.

kelson

Reaction score
Hey Kelson,

These Steel leafs were designed to give a 2" Drop to your truck.

well the thing is, my truck is lighter than the XRs, not so much in the rear but still lighter. the 4X4 leaf pack I have on now gives me close to a 2" drop already, so it wouldn't make much of a difference in height. I'm assuming these would work with blocks, hopefully? lol

unless there so stiff that it wouldn't make a difference. then i'd be even happier :top: can't wait to see some results.

JC2011XR

Reaction score
They look great, what would the payload be after install of those springs?

BondXII

Reaction score
They are designed to meet the OEM payload so you wouldn't lose the ability of hauling what you currently do with the factory springs.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
I'm definately interested! I wanna say thank you very much for that idea of them stocking half the leafs in cali(warehouse) and u guys taking care of east side! Cuz I live hawaii can imagine the cost of shipping! And more worst imagine if u didn't have this idea, just imagine shipping these leaves from east to hawaii! So thank you! Plz keep me updated with more info and details!!!

butters607

Reaction score
Got a suggestion here can we put one zert fitting at each bushing so we can grease them easier?

BondXII

Reaction score
Got a suggestion here can we put one zert fitting at each bushing so we can grease them easier?

don't use the bushing use grease able bolts like the 4x4 crowd does:top:

I got your PM on this yesterday. I'll have to look into it. Can't do the greasable bolt that you see in some applications. The steel collar would have to be drilled out too and then I have to make sure that the bushing itself will line up with everything so that grease would get where it needs. Have to see what I can come up with.

butters607

Reaction score
I got your PM on this yesterday. I'll have to look into it. Can't do the greasable bolt that you see in some applications. The steel collar would have to be drilled out too and then I have to make sure that the bushing itself will line up with everything so that grease would get where it needs. Have to see what I can come up with.

What i was thinking is drilling to the bolt then tap i?t and the grease should be able to find its way around right

darthyota

Reaction score
What i was thinking is drilling to the bolt then tap i?t and the grease should be able to find its way around right

thats what the 4x4 crowd uses then you just have to make sure you have grease "channels" in your bushing

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
The wait is over!!! We got our X back from body shop today! We are going to get up at day break, put the truck on the lift and get the steel drop leaf installed. We will keep everyone updated on process tomorrow! I just wanted to thank everyone for your patience!

Top Bottom