Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steel Drop Leaf Update???

RMCO

Reaction score
So how goes the testing of these? :top: or :thumbdown: ? How close to a release of a steal leaf option over the composites?

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
The testing is going good! We have been driving hard on them for a little over a week now and everything seems great. The ride quality is really nice. We have an auto cross event this Sunday so we can test them on the course as well and make sure the performance quality is just as nice as the ride. We are also in the process of havig a second set made and tested by another party. We will keep everyone posted. Our truck being in the body shop for a month has set us back and I apoligize for the delay. We are shooting for a group buy sometime during December.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Good to hear. These are only a 2" drop though right? Compared to the 2.25" drop with the composites?

CBRBob

Reaction score
More than 2" requires notching the frame.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Oh I know. I just remember reading somewhere that these dont have as much of a drop as the composites. Is there a reason behind this or no?

Coupe

Reaction score
I think you are making excellent progress.

I also like the idea of a 2" drop rather than a 2 1/4". I think I would like a little more rake, than I currently have.

Keep us posted!

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
The steelies sound great! :top:

BTW, my composites are 1.75"... I still get to use my truck as a truck! :smile:

absolut

Reaction score
I don't think u would need to notch the frame if u have leafs. if u do than those would be some shitttttttty leafs.

RMCO

Reaction score
I don't think u would need to notch the frame if u have leafs. if u do than those would be some shitttttttty leafs.

You would only have to notch the frame if the leafs dropped the rear >2.25". It's the amount of drop that determines the need to notch, not the use of leafs.

Jeremias

Reaction score
I dropped 3 inches and don't need a notch. I just removed the stock bump stop bracket and put a low profile bump stop on the frame. That + QA1's = GTG:top:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need a notch with the mono leafs, tons of members myself included do not have a notch and are running them just fine. You WILL however need low profile bumpstops. With qa1's I have only bottomed out maybe once and my truck is my daily.....

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
HottacoX is correct!! Non of our Drop Leafs (Composite 2.25" or Steel 2") will require a notch in frame. Both are a direct bolt in replacement from stock leafs.

Reaction score
I have a drop kit by tundra racing its ok little rough; but how would the steel leaves give me a better ride can you please explain I need enlightment I have a 2" drop block , BTW I dont like the block ride.

Top Bottom