Stiegemeier Porting info

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by Whitebeauty, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

I have recently decided to go all out with my Blower. I want to make sure i am feeding the need for speed with this thing. I want to make sure that when i hit the gas this joker moves and leaves dust behind. I spoke with the folks at Stiegemeier and this is what we have come up with.

Venom cooler: $450
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlmWacVyA6Q&list=UUUkNmBUjCPr0yQ1qbW9Obww&index=7&feature=plcp[/ame]

http://www.stiegemeier.com/vcoolers.html

Lightweight rotors: $500
    http://www.stiegemeier.com/lwr.html

Porting the blower: $450
    http://www.stiegemeier.com/porting.html

Porting Throttle body and 7Th Inj. $150

2. outlaw7

outlaw7 Member

I thought our blowers were m-90, i didnt see that option on the lw rotor page?

3. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Thats why i called him and asked if he could do it. he told me yesterday he has a TRD one there now. So im joping he remembers what it looks like Either way couldnt be that much different for him. Just drill his 3 holes in each one and balance it.

4. outlaw7

outlaw7 Member

word. cant wait to see how this works out.

5. sdxrunner619

sdxrunner619 Active Member

Man, that's alot of dough just to pic-up maybe a extra 20-30 whp over stock ported with 2.8/2.7 pulley...and with no guarantees of any real power increase with them, it might be costly. We will need to see dyno runs of this beast once its running and tuned, so we can can compare it to other TRD builds...

Only thing I'm interested in is the watercooled snout drive...maybe once my blower needs a rebuild, ill jump on that. :top:

6. livinginsa

livinginsa New Member

It has got to be more thatn 20-30 whp. I was thinking about getting the whole package until you said 20-30 whp.

7. Whitebeauty

Whitebeauty New Member

Pretty sure it is but keep in mind the rotor pack mod is for acceleration. Look at the vid with the mustang that had it down on there YouTube channel.......SICK....Sparky can vouch for the porting.

8. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

20-30 HP for porting is A LOT of power gained. IF that much is picked up, that would make it even that more worth it, over just the fact that it aids in cooling due to less restrictions.

9. sdxrunner619

He also got his blower re-geared at the same time....so its unfair to compare it to him.

20-30whp is me being generous....

10. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Thus the Capitalized "IF" in my last post. As I agree with you.

11. Bulldogger

Bulldogger New Member

12. sdxrunner619

Lost power....well...that sucks.... :laugh:

13. Toon714

Toon714 New Member

damn. ill be piss to spend 500 and i didnt gain power! than to know i loss power! :lloyd:

save ur money and just do the real sparky mod. :top: snakebite that shit!

14. theduck911

theduck911 New Member

From the reading I've been doing I think a Snakebite w/ Venom Cooler it'd be able to handle the extra heat produced. A Built motor would still be required though :crinklehair:

15. Xrunner Drifter

Xrunner Drifter Active Member

Wow
    I just read that whole mustang forum thread.
    I really thought that person would gain some hp.

I thought there was a person on here that had a 1GR fully built with the TRD blower built by stiegemeier.

16. sdxrunner619

Yah, difference is he had ported heads, intake, TB AND it was regeared internally, and that last one, my friend...is where the really power was made. :top:

He never dynoed it, but the guys at Apr say based off of flow numbers on a data log...he's was north of 400whp.

17. rich017

rich017 Active Member

I know on the Lightnings with a Steig port the gain is typically 20-30whp with a retune and the benefit is better flow and slightly lower charge temps after the port on top of that.

All depends on how much is removed on the inlet and outlet side. Too much can hurt the performance. Some blowers just have restriction on the inlet side.

18. Bulldogger

Bulldogger New Member

Usually the claim is 20-30hp, but that is also for v-8's . Like I said before unless you are spinning it faster to make over 10lbs boost I don't think there is a gain. I think it would be most beneficial trying to open up the TB

19. Dubbed2008x

Dubbed2008x New Member

I'm wondering if we can save the $150.00 and port the tb ourselves?

20. hottacoX

hottacoX Moderator
    Staff Member

Porting just the tb is useless with the design of our intake manifold, sharp bends....:thumbdown:

Memebers have tried porting the tb and had devistating results. It's also been tried taking the TB from a tundra and slapping it on with no results.

Even for the trd sc guys it's the 90 degree bend at the back of the sc that kills it....