Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stiegemeier Porting info

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Porting just the tb is useless with the design of our intake manifold, sharp bends....:thumbdown:

Bends yeah i agree, useless port on TB no way, did u not see the 153 cfm gain Sparky had from doing that. You can send the blower to APR and he'll chop off that bend and put the TB there.....

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Sparky ported the SC and snakebite.... For someone who is N/A or doesn't port the SC inlet it will not net any gains. Think of it like a straw.... if you enlarge just the first inch and leave the rest normal it's useless. If you can enlarge at leas 90% of it you might see gains.

But all that extra air coming in is usless unless you can get it out as well.... Hence the Steig porting ultimately with snakebite....

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Well We'll c....Just gotta save up and then im going for the whole package...

Toon714

Reaction score
Lol why would u chop the bend off the trd blower for?
so much work to get rid of a kink. It works as is.
Ur gona also need a custom intake if u chop that bend off.

Which will end up a gang of.money just to do those 2.

Whitebeauty just snakebite and build ur block to handle it amd call it a day. So u wont have to redo it later. :top:
Like the saying says go big or go home! :)

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol toon, I was referring to turbo guys to do a custom intake mani..... Waaaay to much work to start hacking the eaton unit!

Toon714

Reaction score
Lol toon, I was referring to turbo guys to do a custom intake mani..... Waaaay to much work to start hacking the eaton unit!

woops. :argh: :smile:
kinda early earlier and i felt :bird:

i like custom intake mani! :biggrin:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Lol why would u chop the bend off the trd blower for?
so much work to get rid of a kink. It works as is.
Ur gona also need a custom intake if u chop that bend off.

Which will end up a gang of.money just to do those 2.

Whitebeauty just snakebite and build ur block to handle it amd call it a day. So u wont have to redo it later. :top:
Like the saying says go big or go home! :)

Tryin but cant right now...lol.....Either way im gonna make it a bad ass system.....:biggrin:

darthyota

Reaction score
So get it snake bitten then run a big ass pulley till you can afford a built motor

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
So get it snake bitten then run a big ass pulley till you can afford a built motor

Sparky with the 3.0 pulley, ported Everything....saw 12psi...:rockon:

I dont think there is anything bigger....lol

outlaw7

Reaction score
He originally saw 16lbs. Blew it, got everything ported and then pushed around 12ish

darthyota

Reaction score
Sparky with the 3.0 pulley, ported Everything....saw 12psi...:rockon:

I dont think there is anything bigger....lol

That was after some pretty good head porting and matching before that it was a good 16lbs and I don't know if that was at wot

Bulldogger

Reaction score
He originally saw 16lbs. Blew it, got everything ported and then pushed around 12ish
Well here lies the answer 12lbs with our size intercooler is probably max psi. More boost then that and you are probably going to detonate on air intake temps alone, so you will need to run nitrous or methanol for cooling.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Well here lies the answer 12lbs with our size intercooler is probably max psi. More boost then that and you are probably going to detonate on air intake temps alone, so you will need to run nitrous or methanol for cooling.

if you dont mind me asking. what lead you to this conclusion.?

Bulldogger

Reaction score
At 16 lbs of boost you will have down stream air temps in the 300 degree area this will ignite fuel no need for spark. 12psi, you will see 132* plus ambient pushing the limit but you can pull timing out to correct. Basically every pound of boost adds 11 degress in temp then add ambient and you have what your cylinders will see minus out the cooling of the little intercooler.
Blowing a motor at 16 psi?? you might want to ask him if knock was a problem, because if it wasn't you should be able to run 16psi on a built motor. I have a GT500 with 17lbs boost much bigger intercooler and huge AFCO dual fan heat exchanger and I see 127* downstream IAT's. No way in hell the Toyota isn't in the 300's. The TRD unit is not going to due well over 10lbs boost unless you use something to cool the intake charge, just the way it is designed.

If you are looking to run high boost numbers then go URD or Turbo, neither feed directly into the cylinder they compress the air then run it through a bigger intercooler which will keep tempreture more in line with ambient.

STONER-X

Reaction score
If you are looking to run high boost numbers then go URD or Turbo, neither feed directly into the cylinder they compress the air then run it through a bigger intercooler which will keep tempreture more in line with ambient.

i have been thinking about swaping to the URD system.... or do a round about psi what i am running now (trd) with a turbo....

i think about my intake temps all day when im driving around.. i never want to blast off from a stop light when i see the temp reading 120+

wouldnt mind doing a STS type of set up but the stories make me go :ahhhhh:

Top Bottom