Stock suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by na-mr2, Jun 2, 2017.

1. na-mr2

na-mr2 Member

hello all I recently bought my first X. 2006 with 52k. Had some work done to it and it had a check engine code/s. I took off all the aftermarket parts and going back to stock. It's currently lowered 2" and has traction bars. I went Home Depot and scraped. I'm not happy with it.

Question......should I go back to stock height or remove the traction bars? The bars are obviously lower on the lead springs and maybe 4-5" of clearance. Any thoughts?

2. MrX-runner

MrX-runner Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats with ur new truck. I would go back to stock height.

3. na-mr2

na-mr2 Member

Should I take off the traction bars too?

4. Limitless

Limitless Member

Are you going back to stock for a reason? If the suspension is quality and in good condition there is no reason to remove it unless you prefer the stock height. Does it just have lowering blocks or does it have the XII Performance suspension system with composite leaf springs and lowering coils? Most of us here have that setup and have had it for a long time with little to no issues. If its just lowering blocks you may want to composites at some point with QA1's. Also, I'm assuming you have the CalTrack traction bars from the sounds of it. Those are usually pretty solid as well, so IMO i would keep them on as well, but if you would rather be all stock might as well remove them when you do the rest of the suspension.

5. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

I'd start with the trac bars if you're having issues with them. Obviously you wouldn't have posted if you wanted to just leave it as is. I'd try the trac bars first. XRs are too tall at stock height IMO.

6. na-mr2

na-mr2 Member

So I'm going back to stock because it's a rough ride. I was driving with no load on a bumpy road and it bottomed out. I was doing less than 25. I thought about just the traction bars first. I drive between jersey and NY. Roads are the nicest as some of you may know. I can't even go up some driveways with out scraping bad.

7. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

What do you have for traction bars

8. na-mr2

na-mr2 Member

I have Cal-Trac bars.

9. MrX-runner

MrX-runner Member

I don't know because I never have the traction bars on my truck. I only had 2" lowering block and QA1's, but didn't like the rough ride either.

10. SoFloBlue

SoFloBlue Member

Are you looking to sell said traction bars..... ?

11. na-mr2

na-mr2 Member

Yes I'll sell them once they're off. All the suspension is going. Lowering springs in the front and blocks in the rear

12. na-mr2

na-mr2 Member

You ever had an issue with spinning the wheels?

13. SoFloBlue

SoFloBlue Member

Sweet keep me in mind lol

14. na-mr2

na-mr2 Member

You got it