Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

STS 4.0 dyno #'s!!!

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't mess around with this. No intercooler.... stock injectors.... no engine management.... come on, what is this... and for estimated 310whp lol Ill pass.

Turbos belong under the hood anyway. 35r FTMFW

rexrunner

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't mess around with this. No intercooler.... stock injectors.... no engine management.... come on, what is this... and for estimated 310whp lol Ill pass.

Turbos belong under the hood anyway. 35r FTMFW

yes every turbo needs an intercooler :biggrin:

IMG_8301.jpg

Natas

Reaction score
I miss having a turbo. One day I'll have one on the X too!!:top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Boost is boost? There's more to making horsepower in the forced induction world than pressure levels... It's all about CFM.

IMO, FMU, stock injectors, and an inline pump for fueling sounds like a bad idea to me.

With out throwing a million other variables into the mix yes CFM, Air Density of the Charge, Diameter of the compresser out, Cylinder head porting ( the head can flow only so much), etc... all will make a differance.

Also the higher the CFM output the bigger the turbo & the larger the lag. Id think that a large turbo in the rear of the truck to make a 70 + HP difference over a rotrex/m90 blower will have some HUGE lag...

heloboby7

Reaction score
With out throwing a million other variables into the mix yes CFM, Air Density of the Charge, Diameter of the compresser out, Cylinder head porting ( the head can flow only so much), etc... all will make a differance.

Also the higher the CFM output the bigger the turbo & the larger the lag. Id think that a large turbo in the rear of the truck to make a 70 + HP difference over a rotrex/m90 blower will have some HUGE lag...

It could be a giant compressor mated to a small turbine side riding on the edge of the surge line. Lots of flow with minimal lag right? Anyways, yes, efficiency plays a major role in making the power, thus, the statement "boost is boost" is highly inaccurate. 7psi of hot air won't make nearly as much power as 7psi of cooler air.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
While hot air wont make as much as cold air id love to see a 70 HP difference with the same PSI and temperature differences; this is what I meant by boost is boost. 7 PSI is 7 PSI; what that airs properties are (like temperature) has nothing to do with that statement.

I am not negating differences in efficiency/properties of different FI setups; none the less if the air is 30 degress cooler at 7 PSI or 30 degrees hotter at 7 PSI - it is still 7 PSI...

I am not arguing the fact that different efficiency variables in different kits can make more or less power, however 7 PSI is still 7 PSI no matter how you look at it.

PSI is a measurement of pounds per square inch. Whether that 7 PSI is made by a roots setup or a turbo its still the same measurement of the same property.

As I said before I am just stating that at the same PSI and comparable CFM (which it will be close enough in either setup) will not make a 70+ HP difference that they are claiming.

Last edited:

Jonathan

Reaction score
if your talking SC VS turbo, 70 hp isnt out of the question at all. first, the sts dynos is BS- whatever floats their boat. any idiot that see a crank hp dyno, that goes to 5k and they guess what it wouulllldd and believes it, deserves whats coming.

remember the SC takes power to turn it, and creates more heat too. doesnt matter to me though, ive already got a fast truck :eviltongue: :laugh:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Yeah that I agree with I am strictly comparing the STS kit to our current supercharger kits..

How much power do you think our blowers leach? Maybe 20 HP?

Jonathan

Reaction score
Yeah that I agree with I am strictly comparing the STS kit to our current supercharger kits..

How much power do you think our blowers leach? Maybe 20 HP?

id probably guess a little more than that.....

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I dunno man I cant see the STS making 70 HP more, turbo or not.

BSPX

Reaction score
How many of your guys have actually driven a STS vehicle or know someone who has one? They really do their research and match the turbos really well to the vehicles. Its a really easy install, you dont have to get exhaust upgrades, you dont lose any space under the hood and dont have to worry about heat. There really isnt any turbo lag to talk about and yes they do offer upgrades to an intercooler as well as other things. What you guys arent talking about is how the turbo is at 5-7psi at less than 3K rpm and the supercharger has to rev up to 5500 to get that, so you are in full boost almost all the time and dont lose it between shifts. I'll take a turbo over the URD kit any day, especially after installing the urd and dealing with all the crap (missing parts, leaks, bad belts and pulleys, brackets, etc.)

Jonathan

Reaction score
umm the TRD kit sees full boost at just over 2k :laugh:

MancheX

Reaction score
I agree with you BSPX. I just think all these guy are bias... UNTIL you see real numers, i say don't run your mouth... I know there are a whole mess of you that probably know way more than i do, but I'm not making an uninformed decision. I'm going to wait and see what kind of REAL number the STS kit puts out before i make decision.

megabitez

Reaction score
i get 7psi under 3k rev with my twin turbo setup. ask justin! my truck is all over the street man. that chart looks like BS since when does a dyno sheet look like it was typed??

trd_sport

Reaction score
I agree with you BSPX. I just think all these guy are bias... UNTIL you see real numers, i say don't run your mouth... I know there are a whole mess of you that probably know way more than i do, but I'm not making an uninformed decision. I'm going to wait and see what kind of REAL number the STS kit puts out before i make decision.
The #'s in the dyno sheet are the real #'s according to STS. BTW if you make your decision off what STS says then you would be making an uninformed decision.

MancheX

Reaction score
The #'s in the dyno sheet are the real #'s according to STS. BTW if you make your decision off what STS says then you would be making an uninformed decision.

I never said i was gonna make a decision off of what STS said... I said REAL numbers. Key word being REAL.

Top Bottom