Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

STS front mount conversion nearly complete

zr2ee

Reaction score
i'll have to relay that to him for sure, i know i was with my stock sts setup while i was cruising on the freeway and it made my MPG's suck, drove me nuts. i do need to get some more pics but its been sitting at the shop forever and today was the first time i made it down there in a couple weeks. if i go down to install my coilovers tomorrow i'll be sure and snap some good ones :top:

zr2ee

Reaction score
injectors just got in this morning, had my roomate run them down to the shop for me since its my work week.....still crossing my fingers for this week

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe vids by Friday???:crinklehair: You already have the file that Xrunnit emailed you from my truck, correct? That or another file? If so, you can just load it up and pop in the injectors, and it should be pretty dang close to where it needs to be. Maybe some minor adjustments here or there.

zr2ee

Reaction score
i sure as hell hope so. ya i still have it, i told my tuner about it and emailed it too him but i'll probably have to call him and talk to him about it, i have a feeling he forgot about it

zr2ee

Reaction score
dropped by the shop today to pick up some tie downs and see how things are going, everything is set he just needs to load the cal file and tweak it to location, since i'm goin to be out of town till mon i'm having him throw in the catch can he forgot to set up too. i helped him get the cal file in the right folder so it would load up in x-tune and made sure he knew how to export it to the ECU so i'm really crossing my fingers for monday, and honestly can't see why it shouldn't be done by then.

he did ask me what HP i was looking to tune to and he was originally thinking of setting the boost to 10 psi but i'm going to have him keep it at 8 for right now just to be safe. i know gadgets stage 3 kits run 400 RWHP but i'm not quite sure what a good daily driver pump gas setup
(we only have 91 here in utah) would be for a turbo on stock internals and high elevation, i'm guessing around 350 :dontknow:. i also talked to him about the flow straigthener but we'll wait till he gets it on the dyno and gets some feedback

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I still have a feeling that at 8 psi on a well built front mount, with a good tune, you should be more than 350.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the end results. What size turbo are you using?

zr2ee

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the end results. What size turbo are you using?

Me too :rock: I don't actually remember what size it is, whatever size garrett sts puts in their kit, pretty good sized. Honestly I think I would be pretty happy with 350 but more is always awesome, I know rexrunners setup seemed pretty similar to mine and he had some huge numbers at lower boost

zr2ee

Reaction score
so damn close i can taste it! got a call from the shop today, he was hoping to finish it up but doesn't look like he did judging by the time, he's taking out my FMU and waiting for some hose to come in for the catch can, plus he wanted to throw it on the dyno and make sure everything checks out and get some numbers, he was pretty impressed with it though, said it was spinning the tires when it downshifted so he was a little concerned about the transmission. pretty stoked though, just gotta stop makin ETA's...i've been setting myself up for dissapointment

Generation-X

Reaction score
I think you got all of us just as anxious man.....we want to see it too!

zr2ee

Reaction score
just had Joe call me and give me an update, truck runs great, he says it pulls like a beast, i'm going to go down in the morning while they strap it to the dyno and talk to them about the numbers i want etc.

one thing he mentioned is he had it stick WOT on him once and he said it wasn't the pedal so i'll be taking it to the dealer for the recall after i pick it up....probably should have done it sooner but i only had it happen to me twice since i've owned the truck and i thought it was a stuck pedal since it finally dropped out and i put some aftermarket pedals on

zr2ee

Reaction score
and now for the moment you've all been waiting for, i dub thee
The Silver Bullet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOCVD6WUxZM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLVNvbT8BSE
cory.bmp
Pulled 350RWHP at 8psi after tuning, he said the tune was good for 14psi but i'm not looking to break anything yet. he couldn't get any reading off the spark or injector wire so its just HP. the throttle response is awesome, only issue is the idle and AFR's jump around in park sometimes, seem to be ok in drive though. definately annoying but i can live with it till a fix is found, hopefully will adjust with a little drive time. i also had this custom made catch can installed, pretty cool in the fact that it actually pulls vacuum on the crank case from the exhaust when not in boost. here's a couple pics

2010-07-01%2012.25.41.jpg

2010-07-01%2012.26.19.jpg

2010-07-01%2020.23.57.jpg
2010-07-01%2020.24.24.jpg

2010-07-01%2020.24.40.jpg

2010-07-01%2020.25.33.jpg

2010-07-01%2020.25.57.jpg

http://339daa.bay.livefilestore.com...gtGXY3RWroq06X/2010-07-01 20.25.33.jpg?psid=1http://339daa.bay.livefilestore.com...s6kxJXH350ocMo/2010-07-01 20.24.40.jpg?psid=1
I'd like to Thank Turbo labs for all their hard work on this build as well as Dave at APR for all his time working with my tuner, Gadget for his injector wisdom and everyone on the threads for their ongoing support​

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
WoooooHoooo. I bet you are very happy! Bet you are even happier to have it back.

If you ca, Post up some pics of the turbo manifold, and cross connect pipes. I really like the way that they routed the catch can.

I'm actually kinda jealous.

Last edited:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
wow, that's awesome man, good numbers, clean set up. have to see some acceleration videos next.

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
That's awsome! I really wish I could get boost! Had the truck over five yrs and its been waiting for boost! I'll just never have the money!

zr2ee

Reaction score
i probably should have put these on the first post but oh well, new DYNO run and pictures are up! :biggrin:
got a couple in there for you too torspd, kind of hard to see but the welded into the front of the stock manifold and came up to the turbo

Top Bottom