Sub box over transmission tunnel?

Discussion in 'Speakers / Subwoofers / Enclosures' started by ryanschmidt, Mar 19, 2016.

1. ryanschmidt

ryanschmidt Member

I am searching for companies who make a sub box for our XR's that fit over the trans tunnel/behind center console and can accompany up to a 12" sub with at least 6" mounting depth. Maybe a ported enclosure. Something around 1.5 cubic feet. Having trouble finding something like this for my 06.

It would be nice if I could find a box like stated above, but my hopes aren't too high. A custom box is always doable. I just want the quick and easy.

2. Coupe

Coupe Active Member

3. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Wish I could tell you someone here still made them but I can't. It's been several years since those guys left. That being said the SubX (the original) still makes an occasional appearance in the forsale section used. Keep your eyes peeled.

4. blackx-runner

blackx-runner "White Flash"

I think XII performance has the patterns for the original subX box, but they never ended up making them.

5. STONER-X

STONER-X Active Member

I never noticed it, but it appears you lose your entire center console!! in losing so you will also lose the power inverter.. I think it is under the center console box?

the power inverter was one option that didn't get used much, but I got to use it enough to love having it..

my jetta also has one, but it only allows for 2 prong plugs... Booo

6. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

I wish I could get my hands on those templates....That was hands down the best box ever made for our trucks. I still have mine :top:

7. ryanschmidt

ryanschmidt Member

I've only seen pictures and man does it look great. Suede and comfy lol. Would be nice sitting next to my daughters car seat, without compromising much storage space.

8. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Keep your eyes out in the for sale section. They do pop up now and again.

9. STONER-X

STONER-X Active Member

I did have pretty good luck mountimg 6.5 subs in the rear doors in the factory holes... I filled the door with pilow stuffing then sealed the entire door with dynamat

10. ryanschmidt

ryanschmidt Member

no rattle? seems like it would

11. aitkenkingfish

aitkenkingfish New Member

I can build you one for a 12 but there's a lot of extra work to make the 12 work, your seats will recline and can be slid all. the way back. Each box takes about 10 hours to build. it's been so long it'd have to get a price on the upholstery last one was 150.00 for upholstery but it matches the truck perfect. If that's the case your looking at 650.00 plus shipping. The onein my truck is right years old and still thumping hard.

12. ryanschmidt

ryanschmidt Member

I've got someone local who is building it for me. Going with a PSI P1 10" in a 1.4 cubic foot ported enclosure tuned for 35hz!

13. STONER-X

STONER-X Active Member

Not at all... I put mat on the inside of the door and the outside

14. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

15. markgt531

markgt531 Member