Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Swapping my motor soon!!! Need some advice!!??

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Well. As the title states I'll be swapping my motors soon! Been way too long! So. Any advice or info that you all could share would be greatly appreciated. Just starting a list to make sure I'll have everything I need come swap day. Already know I'll need all the fluids for everything. And I'll be getting new gaskets for the crank seal (installing nst pulley) exhaust manifolds, manifold crush gaskets at the y pipe. And oil pan gasket in case I have to swap pans from motor to motor. I'm sure there's lots I'm missing that why I'm throwing this out there. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!! Wish me luck!! I can't wait to drive her again!!!!

darthyota

Reaction score
if you were at my end of the country id give you a hand this might also be a good time to instal an accusump so you dont have this issue again

Jwall

Reaction score
Hey buddy, hope all goes well and all i can say is make sure its ready for Spring :biggrin: lol

ntinhri

Reaction score
Call ketchup he is a pro.......... Hey I need the stock oil filter parts. Ill send pics to you.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Haha I was thinking about ketchup when I posted this lol. And what parts you need? I'll see what I can do. And ya accusump???????

Grumpy

Reaction score
Oil pan use liquid gasket, go to dealer and get the Toyota stuff. Also a good time to do TSK kit since the motor will be out of the way. Fresh set of spark plugs never hurt either.

You've been out for too long, good to hear the day is almost here.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
How far up north are ya doing this? Let me know if you want I may be able to come out and give ya a hand. As far as tips go all I would say is go to Wally world get yourself some ziploc bags and a sharpie and as you disassemble bag and label everything!!! It's a PITA but you will thank yourself when it goes back together!

Tunedx

Reaction score
Billy, your missing one key ingredient to this engine swap

BOOST!!!

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I wish I could add boost as well!! Maybe next year once my motor us broke in lol. Hottaco. I'll be doing the swap near Huntsville. About 2 and half hours north. I already have new plugs ready to go and as for the tsk. I'll do that later on when I do my clutch and flywheel. Money is a little tight right now. Thanks for all the advice so far let's keep it coming!! Oh ya. I already have lots of zip loc bags lol

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Zip lock bags, sharpie, some ratchet wrenches, and definitely the Toyota black silicone. A few tubes to be safe. Also, when trying to stab the motor with the transmission, remove the 4 bolts that hold the tranny to the crossmember, and slide it back a little. It will help greatly with aligning the input shaft into the clutch. Bring it down here to my place and Britt and I could help you get it done in a day. ;)

Last edited:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Zip lock bags, sharpie, some ratchet wrenches, and definitely the Toyota black silicone. A few tubes to be safe. Also, when try to stab the motor sub the transmission, remove the 4 bolts that hold the tranny to the crossmember, and slide it back a little. It will help greatly with aligning the input shaft into the clutch. Bring it down here to my place and Britt and I could help you get it done in a day. ;)

Maybe I'll just fly you two up here lol.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
If you have any questions, just ask. :biggrin:

xrgilly

Reaction score
good luck bro get that shit ready for a canuck icebreaker meet

Top Bottom