Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

switching from mono leaf springs to steel

dmbfan73

Reaction score
my new steel drop springs will be here this weekend, ordered them from VII performance. I've had the mono leaf springs for a few years now along with QA-1's but the ride is terrible, hoping the new springs will keep my x from bottoming out and bouncing all the time.

Prise

Reaction score
You gonna sell those mono leafs or toss em?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I love my mono leafs.......I've only started bottoming out when my QA-1s starting leaking.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Never had mono leafs but loved the steal ones, felt close to stock with qa1s set at 7. Big improvement in ride quality compared to blocks and qa1s set at 11 to keep from bottoming out everywhere.

Jwall

Reaction score
my new steel drop springs will be here this weekend, ordered them from VII performance. I've had the mono leaf springs for a few years now along with QA-1's but the ride is terrible, hoping the new springs will keep my x from bottoming out and bouncing all the time.

I have actually been working myself about this. im sure someone will chime in who has switched.

Coupe

Reaction score
I have had them both. I like the steel ones. You will need to change the settings on the qa1. I have a spreadsheet at work of my settings. I will post them tomorrow.

When I had the mono fiberglass springs I had a qa1 setting of 6. Going to the steel, I increased it to 7.

Last edited:

Jwall

Reaction score
good to know... future re mod.. check lol.

thanks for the info coupe.

Top Bottom