Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tail light removal tips?

blackXtacy

Reaction score
K, I searched, it is probably easy, but I always like to get tips before I try to remove a body part. Is there a write up on this?

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
its only 2 10 or 12 mm bolts that you use a ratchet to remove...put one hand at the top of the tail light and the other at the bottom and pull straight back...:top: whala they are removed...

2006nightrider

Reaction score
its only 2 10 or 12 mm bolts that you use a ratchet to remove...put one hand at the top of the tail light and the other at the bottom and pull straight back...:top: whala they are removed...
x2...^^^ Two 10mm bolts on each light.

BTW - You'll see 3 bolts going down the side of each light housing, but don't worry about the middle bolt, you don't need to remove it; just the top and bottom bolts:top:.

Generation-X

Reaction score
x2...^^^ Two 10mm bolts on each light.

BTW - You'll see 3 bolts going down the side of each light housing, but don't worry about the middle bolt, you don't need to remove it; just the top and bottom bolts:top:.

Hmmm strange mine only has two small 8mm bolts in the back side and none of the side.......lol

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Hmmm strange mine only has two small 8mm bolts in the back side and none of the side.......lol

you sure cause they are 10mm...3 of them to be exact top and bottom are the only one's you need to remove...

are you sure your looking in the right place? either way can you post a picture for us and we'll let you know if that's the correct 1's or not...

2006nightrider

Reaction score

you sure cause they are 10mm...3 of them to be exact top and bottom are the only one's you need to remove...

are you sure your looking in the right place? either way can you post a picture for us and we'll let you know if that's the correct 1's or not...
He's being a sarcastic smartass Jay:laugh:...remember he has custom lights and roll pan:top:

Top Bottom