Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tailgate??

kfxpro32

Reaction score
i can't remember if someone said someting bout a tailgate recall or not but my tailgate had a spot where it was flexed right under the xrunner badge and then today i was unloading my buddies motorcycle and when i rolled it back to the ramp the tailgate collapsed and folded right in the middle... i pulled the plastic all off and tried to bend it back did a decent job but now i got a crease right above my handle and its still a little bit bent..... do you htink that if i went to the stealership they would help me out and policy it or something??

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
I have an '08 how do I know if i fall under the TSB?

firemedic_119

Reaction score
I got my tailgate replaced under the TSB... 5 minutes ago i pulled my cruiser off the back and now my tailgate is rubbing on the left hand side of my bed....

kfxpro32

Reaction score
well i finally got done arguing with the dealership and after showing them how to search their website i finally proved to him that my TSB printouts were not fake..... anyways... they are getting me a new gate.... but i'm still gonna tear it apart and reinforce it with some square tubing just to help things out... the new gates don't look that much different just have a couple extra braces on the cross members mebbe they are heavier i don't know but definately they need to be reinforced if you unloaded your bike and it did it again....

NixXR462

Reaction score
I just got back from the dealer and they said there wasn't one for it so I'm going to take them the TSB number when they call me to go pick my truck up.

kfxpro32

Reaction score
yea when they search it they were just searching tailgate..... it wasn't working so i showed them how to do it they gotta search exterior damage/ body damage

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i've had that problem, can't find the same TSB when I have a copy of it in my hands. They usually don't think its true until they find it themselves :rolleyez:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
dam my tailgate been messed up since the first summer i had my truck in 05 and they told me it was my prob never once was i told that there was something i could do about it! you think it toyota trying to hide things or just the dealerships, so they dont have to fix it?

Top Bottom