Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tha BS Thread

ntinhri

Reaction score
thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif

Funny_Pictures_5558.jpg

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
This entire thread is BS.

Sir, I do believe that is the entire point.

On a completely diffrent note, here's a pic of my $40 dollar filtered, homemade, jdm tite, catch can. Yes, it works.:crinklehair:

2011-10-26182937.jpg

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
zip ties and duck tape?

close...that just holds it in place.:laugh: Its made out of ABS piping, various fitting and such, and jb weld. I have a AFR gauge, so i can tell if it fails and cracks/leaks, cause she will start running lean. There is a filter, before and after, leaving the catch can. So that will help prevent any "objects" from dislodging, and finding there way into my motor. :rolleyez:

Only about 200 hard miles on it, cracked the drain loose on it, got a nice table-spoon or so, of oil. :top:

Also, Now that im done with that racing series, im going to start rocking used tires, out back. Help save some money so i can hit up more drift events. :rockon:

X-roller

Reaction score
Wasn't going to say anything...driver mod. He needed to lower his tire pressure....running the exact same suspension, same tires (mine are 20mm wider, on 50mm wider rims.) Rocking a SLIGHT, stretch/square, setup. I lowered my tires down to 20psi...second run of the night, layed down the time in my sig, same Night as butters at texfest. Told him to lower his tire pressure down to something under 20psi, and do a second gear burnout to warm em up. OEM tires size is slighlty bulged on a 8" rim, so if you get the tire pressure down low enough, You can take advantage of that sidewall flex.:top:

Lowering your tire pressure with our tires doesn't help your case very much... Our sidewall doesn't have very much give and can ruin the tire if that sidewall does give out. :top:

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Lowering your tire pressure with our tires doesn't help your case very much... Our sidewall doesn't have very much give and can run the tire if that sidewall does give out. :top:

Uh huh. Next your going to tell me, nitrous isn't flammable....riggggggghhhhhhhttttttt....

MplsX

Reaction score
Nitrous Oxide is an oxidizer, it help flammable materials burn but does not burn by itself. Also, doing burnouts on street tires to warm them up and stick better to the pavement will not work. That works only for pure race type tires.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Nitrous Oxide is an oxidizer, it help flammable materials burn but does not burn by itself. Also, doing burnouts on street tires to warm them up and stick better to the pavement will not work. That works only for pure race type tires.

I am aware of this, it was a stab at X-troller's fail when he got into it with DS about NAWZ...

and in terms of street tires not getting sticky...depends on the surface. On the street (asphalt), doesn't make a shit of difference. On the track, sir, i kindly beg to differ. I have been down the 1/8th mile in my truck, at least 3 dozen times, with 3 different tire sizes and compounds/brands. Yokohoma s-drives, for instance, they fared much better if i drove around the burn out box and did a quick little burnout to clean them off. Doing a burnout in the box didn't do shit, regardless of gear, time in box or psi. :smile:

With my Hancook's Ventus V12's, ill tell you right now, second gear burn out DOES get them hot, and greatly increases my traction. it greatly varies in terms of tire compound, vehicle, track, hp, etc...there is no way you can say that "all street tires do not get sticky"

Another thing i noticed. while drifting, certian tires fare better then others. When i drifted on my Ventus v12's (255's), they would survive about 30 seconds, then would get insanely sticky. If i kept sliding, they would stay sticky, then, with out warning, twice in a row, they would "d-tread" and fail all together.:ahhhhh:

On all the china brand tires, i have raced and drifted on (nexan, fullrun, achillies), no matter how hot they got, or how many back to back runs i did, they would just get progressively hotter, but not any stickier. +1 to your theory. When i slid in Houston, i got to slide on a set of OEM bridgstones. Those, would get hot, slightly sticky, then taper off a tad and not change at all. Very strange breakaway, and heat cycle IMHO. I did, oh, i'd say four hot laps on one set of the the BS, and they still maintained that same behavior. I kinda liked them, actually. Extremely predictable, and surprisingly good tread life. To bad they cost as much as like 4 china tires, for just 2 BS. :rolleyez:

There are far to many brands of tires, tracks, weather conditions, for you to safely say that ALL street tries don't get sticky when doing a burnout. I have found only one, brand, where doing a burn out actually helps. My Toyo Proxies and S-drives, along with the china tires, did not find the burnout very helpful. while, the V12's made a very dramatic difference. I have this sinking feeling, that you have NOT tested every single brand and width of tire out there. So Elvis, why don't you kindly STFU, sit back, and enjoy a peanut butter and banana sammich.

and maybe a pop-tart or two. :top:

^^ This guy knows. :top:

:rolleyez: Sir, kindly see above.^

oh and, regarding your mod list. You could be amazed at what a few pop-tarts, will power and kind hearted souls can do. :crinklehair:

Last edited:

MplsX

Reaction score
Excellent response sir! Please don't take the following in a negative light as I only mean to compliment....
Many adults could not have written such well thought out paragraphs, I have never met a teenager who could write as well.
30 years ago I used to drag race a beater Camaro. A few racing buddies and I would go to the track with and most of us didn't have the cash for real drag tires. All of us learned quickly that all season tires were not the best for traction. I did at one time get a chance to use a set of M&H drag slicks. Definitely noticed a big improvement in traction after a burnout with those. I understand that tire technology has vastly improved over 30 years, but I still stand by my statement of not doing burnouts on street tires. I recommend that you, or anyone do a google search for "burnout on street tires." Some people say that it improves their et. Most do not.
My main point in posting the above was to point out that N2O is an oxidizer. Since you sarcastically write about the burning ability of "Nitrous" I found you to be an "unreliable narrator" I mean to say that you were incorrect on your chemistry facts, (which you did not address in your recent answer). So why should any take your word on the burnout issue?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Excellent response sir! Please don't take the following in a negative light as I only mean to compliment....
Many adults could not have written such well thought out paragraphs, I have never met a teenager who could write as well.
30 years ago I used to drag race a beater Camaro. A few racing buddies and I would go to the track with and most of us didn't have the cash for real drag tires. All of us learned quickly that all season tires were not the best for traction. I did at one time get a chance to use a set of M&H drag slicks. Definitely noticed a big improvement in traction after a burnout with those. I understand that tire technology has vastly improved over 30 years, but I still stand by my statement of not doing burnouts on street tires. I recommend that you, or anyone do a google search for "burnout on street tires." Some people say that it improves their et. Most do not.
My main point in posting the above was to point out that N2O is an oxidizer. Since you sarcastically write about the burning ability of "Nitrous" I found you to be an "unreliable narrator" I mean to say that you were incorrect on your chemistry facts, (which you did not address in your recent answer). So why should any take your word on the burnout issue?

If you knew the epic story behind the nitrous comment you would understand. Its one of those "you had to be there" moments.
Those were the good ol' days of chat

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

See black xr, for reasons why on the nitrous. I can Tell by your comment, you are of slightly older age...now, the tires that I drifted and dragged on are hardly 30 year old, bias plyed all seasons. Under current tire categories, they are considered "summer performance" tires. Significantly better grip and tire compound then all season, let alone 30 year old technology. I have actually, in the good ol days, had a set of all season for drifting. I destroyed them, by doing a minute long brake stand. I will tell you right now, I gained absolutely no grip what so ever. If fact, im pretty Sure it made it worse. Lol

I enjoyed our discussion sir. :top:

butters607

Reaction score
well im fricking thread jacking and have to say that battlefield 3 is bad ass haha and not one **** is given about all this cockamamy above!

X-roller

Reaction score
I am aware of this, it was a stab at X-troller's fail when he got into it with DS about NAWZ...

and in terms of street tires not getting sticky...depends on the surface. On the street (asphalt), doesn't make a shit of difference. On the track, sir, i kindly beg to differ. I have been down the 1/8th mile in my truck, at least 3 dozen times, with 3 different tire sizes and compounds/brands. Yokohoma s-drives, for instance, they fared much better if i drove around the burn out box and did a quick little burnout to clean them off. Doing a burnout in the box didn't do shit, regardless of gear, time in box or psi. :smile:

With my Hancook's Ventus V12's, ill tell you right now, second gear burn out DOES get them hot, and greatly increases my traction. it greatly varies in terms of tire compound, vehicle, track, hp, etc...there is no way you can say that "all street tires do not get sticky"

Another thing i noticed. while drifting, certian tires fare better then others. When i drifted on my Ventus v12's (255's), they would survive about 30 seconds, then would get insanely sticky. If i kept sliding, they would stay sticky, then, with out warning, twice in a row, they would "d-tread" and fail all together.:ahhhhh:

On all the china brand tires, i have raced and drifted on (nexan, fullrun, achillies), no matter how hot they got, or how many back to back runs i did, they would just get progressively hotter, but not any stickier. +1 to your theory. When i slid in Houston, i got to slide on a set of OEM bridgstones. Those, would get hot, slightly sticky, then taper off a tad and not change at all. Very strange breakaway, and heat cycle IMHO. I did, oh, i'd say four hot laps on one set of the the BS, and they still maintained that same behavior. I kinda liked them, actually. Extremely predictable, and surprisingly good tread life. To bad they cost as much as like 4 china tires, for just 2 BS. :rolleyez:

There are far to many brands of tires, tracks, weather conditions, for you to safely say that ALL street tries don't get sticky when doing a burnout. I have found only one, brand, where doing a burn out actually helps. My Toyo Proxies and S-drives, along with the china tires, did not find the burnout very helpful. while, the V12's made a very dramatic difference. I have this sinking feeling, that you have NOT tested every single brand and width of tire out there. So Elvis, why don't you kindly STFU, sit back, and enjoy a peanut butter and banana sammich.

and maybe a pop-tart or two. :top:

:rolleyez: Sir, kindly see above.^

oh and, regarding your mod list. You could be amazed at what a few pop-tarts, will power and kind hearted souls can do. :crinklehair:

oh how people think they are knowleged just because they read it in a catalog.

Riddle me this then
If a tire that doesn't increase its stamp when letting air out why would you do this? If you think it does then you must not install tires ever. The flex a low profile tire gives is little to no give depending on what size we are talking about. One more thing to add is if you are letting the air out that moves the weight towards the outside which decreases the surface area the street tire is touching and gripping from. Now dont get me wrong here im not saying its not making contact throughout the whole stamp but it is decreasing its grip by doing that. See drag radials the reason you are able to let air out is because these tires are designed to give and make contact without sacrificing grip which is the main thing we are looking for correct? where does an under inflated tire wear the most? The outside meaning the middle of the tire is making less contact with the road which means less grip. Now an underinflated slick will wear almost evenly given its not a ridiculous amount of course.

MplsX

Reaction score
"So Elvis, why don't you kindly STFU, sit back, and enjoy a peanut butter and banana sammich.

and maybe a pop-tart or two. "

Wow, why would anyone write that? And why do you think that I had bias ply tires on my old car. Radial tires are not a new thing.

Top Bottom