Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The everything Plasti Dip thread

Iggy08

Reaction score
I'm tempted to finish it off and just do the Full Evo, looks sick RawDawgnX

RawDawgnX

Reaction score
thanks man i like it for now, no one where i live has that mod so thats y i did it. cause there 3 other xr that look like mine. so i had to set myself aside from all of them.

Iggy08

Reaction score
yeah, mine's a little different right now but I really want it to stand out like that! haha

sandman21

Reaction score
XR5.jpg

20120603_184459.jpg

apparently I got a little squirrelly with the twirl tool in the first picture......there isn't really a twirl on the grill or bumper...

Last edited:

Red05runner

Reaction score
I like the look of that RR. Got any other pics from diff angles?

nvm refresh ftw

Last edited:

xrgilly

Reaction score
wonder what it would look like with the fender flairs and gas cover red

maybe do the mirrors black 2

Last edited:

GR6RR

Reaction score
thats a little plstidip overboard IMO... painting the flares and panels look like the base model toyotas... the stripes was good. luckily though it isn't permanent ;)
at the end of the day, it's your boat;)

SDXR619

Reaction score
I like that man! You did a really good job with the dip. And like GR said it's not permanent and you can take it off whenever! Good job!

sandman21

Reaction score
thanks, I didn't want to do the flares or bottom panels but I have the infamous pink flares on the passenger side and this is a cheap way to hide and protect.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
i wanna plasti-dip my chrome grill emblem. do i have to sand the emblem at all before i spray it or do i just clean it off? also is it easy to just pop it off the grill or should i tape around it and spray it on the truck?

Murderface

Reaction score
If u don't want the plastidip to ever come off then sand it first. Also u can easily pop the embalm off the grill, there's 3 tabs I believe that u just pinch and it pops right off

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
If u don't want the plastidip to ever come off then sand it first. Also u can easily pop the embalm off the grill, there's 3 tabs I believe that u just pinch and it pops right off

thanks man! i just hate chrome emblems, bumpers, rims.....haha pretty much anything chrome. i'm tempted to try the lower evo mod with the plasti-dip as well. not sure if its something i should jump into or get proffessionally done :dontknow:

Murderface

Reaction score
The ego mod is pretty simple to do, and there's a write up for it in the how to threads. U just won't want to sand the paint when doing this mod so that it can be peeled off later down the road. They also sell plastidip clear but I've only seen it at NAPA auto parts. I've been thinking of using the clear plastidip so I can spray a clear bra on my front end and any other rock chip proned areas

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
The ego mod is pretty simple to do, and there's a write up for it in the how to threads. U just won't want to sand the paint when doing this mod so that it can be peeled off later down the road. They also sell plastidip clear but I've only seen it at NAPA auto parts. I've been thinking of using the clear plastidip so I can spray a clear bra on my front end and any other rock chip proned areas

well than if it can be peeled off than its definitely worth a try. that sure would make clear plasti-dip a great paint protector than. any idea on how much plasti-dip i would need to do the lower evo mod?

Murderface

Reaction score
I'd say at least 2 cans, just make sure u follow the direction on the can by allowing 30 minutes minimum between coats. Yes it can easily be peeled off when dry, it really does turn to rubber. Also make sure that u take the tape off quickly because if not when u take the tape off it will pull the rest of the paint off with it

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
I'd say at least 2 cans, just make sure u follow the direction on the can by allowing 30 minutes minimum between coats. Yes it can easily be peeled off when dry, it really does turn to rubber. Also make sure that u take the tape off quickly because if not when u take the tape off it will pull the rest of the paint off with it

i'll remember that. thanks! i don't plan on keeping my nasty chrome rims for too much longer but maybe i should try plasti-dip on them as well

Murderface

Reaction score
On the rims I would consider scuffing them up so that the paint doesn't come off which can easily be done while washing them

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
On the rims I would consider scuffing them up so that the paint doesn't come off which can easily be done while washing them

ok so if i do the evo mod should i clean the bumper by hand to avoid peeling it off?

Murderface

Reaction score
Yup def don't use any power washer or direct hose spraying on the edges. I don't have mine done and I'm not positive that u would have issues spraying water on it but figured u can't be too careful. My bro did his rims and hit one with a power washer and some of the paint came off

Top Bottom