The not prodigal son returns

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by sailingengineer, Sep 14, 2016.

1. sailingengineer

So a few know the story but here's the quick and dirty. I bought my truck a 06 in the winter of 07 and started playing. A few years go by and other things upgraded and it's time for a URD stageIII. Now I won't bad mouth URD gadget has pushed our aftermarket. I will say that after about 3-4K of driving with some "spirited" driving 3 ring lands were gone. So after some favors and luck called my engine builder had me a Darton sleeved and a full BC stroked bottom end. Add in some head work and stiffer springs and we're ready to go. Unless the shop you had the work done at decided to close shop. Fast forward and here we are https://www.icloud.com/attachment/?...OrKgCdseWdapOcsRog&f=IMG_0012.MOV&sz=27452238. There's still tons of new stuff that needs to be broken in but I hope to have it on the chassis Dyno before the season is done. I'll keep everyone posted as I can.

Torspd likes this.
  2. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

SIIIIICK!! Gonna be some POWERFUL XRs in the North England crew!

3. sdxrunner619

sdxrunner619 Active Member

Huh...ring land failure, first I've heard of that on a UCON truck...oh. wait.

o0opackersfano0o likes this.
  4. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

Awesome!!

G

5. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

I recognize that lamp. Probably my most favorite lamp of all time.

How many miles do you have on it, since that video? Also, what all head work, if you don't mind?

Being that you have the Stage 3, which size rotrex do you have, and which pulley? Curious how many psi yours was running and how similar yours is to Gadget's. Depending on those items, your dyno numbers could very well be quite close to his truck's.

6. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

And welcome to the stroker club. :top:

7. Redlantern

Redlantern Member

Glad you finally made your way here. Welcome bro!

8. AryaHmmr

AryaHmmr New Member

sailingengineer, that's a beautiful truck! What kind of headlights do you have? I need to replace mine.

9. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

10. sailingengineer

Hey guys thanks for the feedback it's much appreciated. To answer a few questions the head work was really stiffer valve springs and my builder went through and did some mild port and polishing. Really just to clean up the runners. The blower is the c38 with the 70mm pulley. Right now after some break In went to the dyno which was a super flow and it made 342hp and 361tq. Now those numbers seem really low and they are for a couple reasons. The main two being injector size and rev limit. The truck has 640cc injectors from the original supercharger setup. I have 800cc going in this weekend with APR fuel rails. The rev limit is only at 5600 right now mostly because I'm running out of fuel. After the injectors and rails go in I'll be turning it up to 11. Astor the headlights they are aftermarket buckets that are black with clear reflectors. I made the projectors with the angel eyes with parts from The retrofit source. The projector itself is the FXR which is one of the largest they offer. That also means there was a lot of cutting, grinding, sanding, measuring....... they offer smaller ones that are as close to plug and play as you can get. I just had to be difficult.

11. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

What trim is the blower? C38 doesn't tell the whole story. Is it the C38-81, C38-91, or the C38-92? What is your schedule like? How often are you at sea? Would be great to get all these New England XRs together at a drag strip or something.

12. sailingengineer

Sorry about that, it's a c38-81 with the 70mm pulley. I'm currently getting ready to head out for the winter but spring time will definitely be a possibility.

13. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

Keep in touch. I host a meet every spring/early summer at my place but the New England crew has been much more active in the last year or so. I'd like to do a drag strip night or mod day during the year as well. And you need to make next year's XFEST!!!

14. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't SuperFlows generally read low as well? I believe @fishsticks had his done on a Superflow as well?

That is the only other time where I have seen the torque read higher than the HP, from a Centrifical S/C setup.

I think that little 81 is going to need some HGH. ;)