Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Story Finally...BYE BYE Motor(Long Read)

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess Im a few days late seeing this, but I extend my condolences to you. I feel kinda bad that I was just sleeping in a hotel room and never knew what happened.

Im excited though to see what you do, and maybe I can come down this summer and check it out. Good luck with V2.0

Will you feel better if I buy a set of fogs from you:biggrin: J/k, but seriously Im planning on getting some real soon, will be in touch.

AnthonyF

Banned
Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel man. i went through 5 engines on my mustang. It's never fun...I take that back, the assembly of the engine is fun (if your doing it yourself.) If you ever want to sell your boost, lemme know. :)

I hope all goes well. Hang in there, the first few days/weeks are hard, very hard. Once you get the ball rolling, it gets easier.

-Ant.

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
Damn Jason, that suck big time. I hope you get everything worked out without costing you an arm and a leg bro.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Damn Jason, that suck big time. I hope you get everything worked out without costing you an arm and a leg bro.

It won't be cheap but i can promise when I turn a corner, how low the truck sits will not eb the first thing to catch your eye:biggrin:

ABP

Reaction score
Honestly it sounds like your rings were muffed for a while since you couldn't break 300 WHP.

Start a donation!

I agree 100%. When I first read this I thought rings or at worst a cracked piston. If it was either of these checking your oil (like everyone said) would have prolonged it but it still would have happened. The motor would have increased it's oil consumption and did it anyways.

Good luck on the new build :top: . Didn't cowboypeep say he could do a whole motor for around $6500 including the motor?

KETCHUP

Reaction score
damn brotha, that really sucks. nice to have XRU family to help though....:top:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Where are you moving to in Virginia?

and dont worry, we will teach you how to turn a wrench :smile:

Justin

VA Beach baby. :top: I landed a job with Defense Thread Reduction Agency, they're based in Fort Belvoir. Not sure how far that is, but VA Beach is where I'm planning on moving to. I've got some connections in the Pentagon (friends of the family) who can get me a job in that general area. :top: :top: Looking forward to meeting you cats.

Ryan

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
VA Beach baby. :top: I landed a job with Defense Thread Reduction Agency, they're based in Fort Belvoir. Not sure how far that is, but VA Beach is where I'm planning on moving to. I've got some connections in the Pentagon (friends of the family) who can get me a job in that general area. :top: :top: Looking forward to meeting you cats.

Ryan

Congrats Ryan! But Fort Belvoir is 3 hours from Va Bch.

Gadget

Reaction score
Hey Jason!!!

That might be a really good deal.

That looks like a 2x4 auto setup. If it comes with the ECU and full harness maybe we could go half on it. You get the engine and I can get everything else.

The odd thing is that it is advertised as a JDM engine, but for a Tacoma?

Gadget

ntinhri

Reaction score
man 1/2.. hhmm jason jump on that! wish I was done moving cause I go 1/2 with gadget..

Edgeman

Reaction score
My condolences dude! Surprised no low oil or oil pressure light. WTF? Did you ever determine the oil loss? You weren't burning it, because that would be really easy to diagnose. Surprised you didn't see any oil sprayed under your engine. Did you lose an oil line to the SC (or something similar?

lamecargo

Reaction score
so what was the outcome and how does v2.0 work for ya?

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
There is no outcome. The dude is lazy as hell. He just wants a damn paper-weight :crinklehair:

Top Bottom