Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Strokin' it Build. Oppa Gungnam Style

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Time to find out if I am going to do something impressive or if I am going to just be pissing in the wind. Here we go.

here is a little something that proves I don't care what the norm is, I'm here to push boundries and try things no one else has, always ended up fun so far.

gansters by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

on to the X. The day I brought the ol blue terd home. I could only take a picture from this angle because I was missing the fairing that goes over the exhaust and the right rear one. Thanks to Kevin(BlackCat) for painting my new pieces.

13465_1440725130873_1015385962_1213240_7211016_n by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

I don't have a whole hell of a lot of pictures from stock, everyone knows what a stock X looks like anyways.

BHLM parked next to Clints(Ccaruluo) 2011 BR

301221_2068846395271_1068150151_31991878_5403067_n by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

After the BHLM I got the 1st gen DTLT's from MCPun wrapped/coated them and got a first gen TRD intake from X-Roller. No pictures of that either, pretty basic, everyone has seen it.

Fast forward to after my 8 months spent in Africa winning the war and I had some goodies to put on the blue terd.

First up was stereo, I've never really gone all out on a stereo before, so I figured why not. Glad that I did, couldn't be happier with out it turned out. I posted my audio specs in the audio section so I'll just throw up a few pics of the iPad in the dash.
at night:

IMG_0136 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
during the day:

IMG_0134 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

everything there set me back quiet a bit, but I wasn't quiet done blowing money just yet.
what do we have here?

IMG_0290 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
few install pics.

IMG_0292 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

IMG_0294 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

IMG_0297 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

IMG_0300 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
not bad for never having done one before, doing it in the apartment parking lot with limited tools. Good times.

algkjadsl;kjasd;lfkjasd;lfkjasd;lfkjasdfkjd;lsj; I just wasted 30 minutes on the second post and hit the back button and lost it all.

duh stupid. Time for a break before I redo all that stuff again.

Last edited:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
It might have got destroyed with the second half to all this lol. Almost had the damn thing caught up to how I'm sitting. Gonna start again on it in a few.

ATLonX

Reaction score
You cant leave us hanging! Just got to the good stuff

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Need more pics!!!!!! :eviltongue:

Looking good so far though. :top:

Last edited:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
look what I got.

IMG_0308 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

IMG_0312 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
Specs: 18x10.50 +15 all around. Great wheels for the price. If I had to do it all over again I probably would have gone more aggressive but I'm not mad about it lol.

IMG_0438 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
Installed. Tires are 275/40. Stretched, and I hate it, but they are just temporary until I get back from Korea and get the tires I really want. I plan on 305/35's all around, which leads us to what I did next. Fender roll/pull/gut. I will let the pics do the talking.
Pulled off the flares:

IMG_0402 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
Cut off the mounting tabs for the flares, you want to do this because when you use a fender roller you want the surface to be even so you dont put dimples in the metal.

IMG_0403 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
let the rolling commence!

IMG_0406 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
onto the front: wait, howd that car get in the picture?

IMG_0404 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
LS3 swapped 98 240sx race car. its a bad MF'r.

IMG_0405 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
Video of it at idle
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34724051@N03/6362930455/

where were we? oh yeah rolling the fronts:
remove flare/cut away

IMG_0415 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
lets roll...

IMG_0418 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
wash rinse repeat for other side.

this extreme of a fender roll is not for the faint of heart, once those tabs come off there is no going back.

IMG_0424 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
cutting the un needed mounting points on the fender flare.

IMG_0425 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
most of the stuff we cut out, lots of room now, no really, look!
Front:

IMG_0423 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

IMG_0422 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
Rear:

IMG_0412 by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr
now I'm still figuring out a "permanent" fix to securing the flares on the truck with no more mounting points, right now, I'm using 3M double sided tape, its doing ok at best so far, so when I get it worked out I'll let you know.

Last edited:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
pretty much caught up now lol. for the most part anyways. the fender roll/wheels are the last things I have done.

Still sitting in my apartment waiting install: Stage 3 clutch/lightweight fly wheel/668 injectors/pulleys for 10-12lbs of boost/fuel pump/URD Y with Vband. Gotta pick up the magnaflow from Kieth so I can get my exhaust finished up, still waiting on my clamp and such from vibrant.

future plans: (Jan 2012)
4 point cage/harness bar
Memory fab seats
some sort of 4link/watts link set up with (insert brand here) custom coilvers
coil overs for the front

then the terd will be hard parked in a garage for a year.

Talking with my fabricator he said he would be able to make a bolt in/weld in kit to replicate the suspension that is going to go on my truck if there is enough interest.

and now to current issues.
My intercooler is dumping coolant into the motor, so taking it easy until I get it fixed. Will update when I figure it out, with pics as always.

Toon714

Reaction score
Damn bro very nice!
Keep em coming! :)
Cant wait to see the roll cage. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the rolled fenders. Like you said, once you do it, no going back. I respect that, as I have gone there on a few things myself.

Sdxrunner619 can say the same. He has gone to quite some lengths of no return.

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I like the rolled fenders. Like you said, once you do it, no going back. I respect that, as I have gone there on a few things myself.

It's no fun if you push the boundaries every once and a while lol.

heres 2 shots from the track day this weekend
IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

first one is pushing it back into the pit lane after my batter exploded. Batter tie down failure leads to electrical fire, yadda yadda lol.

It was a drift day at the track, so I did both, ran the track a few times normal then tried my hand at drifting. I'm not very good at it lol. But it was fun.

few more shots from the track day.
IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Video of my buddy trying out my truck for a few laps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy4V3tcCRXQ&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Nice build! Do you own a shop or is that someone else rolling out the fenders?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Time to find out if I am going to do something impressive or if I am going to just be pissing in the wind. Here we go.

here is a little something that proves I don't care what the norm is, I'm here to push boundries and try things no one else has, always ended up fun so far.

gansters by yoyoferrero1, on Flickr

Story of my life....When i first joined this forum, i got so much flack from so many members, about doing the welded diff and building my truck for drifting... "i for see this truck rapped around a poll in the near future" - (Member who Will remain nameless). All the haters only made me stronger and more motivated to prove them wrong. 2 years later...truck is still going, and is not raped around any polls...:laugh:

I could only imagine the flack you got from Jeep owners...:rolleyez:

You are doing something impressive, the fender roll and liner gut is a first (as far as i can tell), with a the XR, so thats huge props in my book. :adore: Going to follow in your foot steps once i get my DJM, coils and quick steer knuckles. Gonna need to make room for more low+angle. 4 link and watts setup will come once i have a daily driver, probably around this time next year. Who ever gets it done first, we must post write up and dimensions for others to follow! :top:

Haven't looked back once. :top::rockon:

Cliff, you aren't pissing into the wind, by any stretch of the imagination.

IF your i/c has a crack in it, find a local old school radiator repair shop. I got my condenser for my MRK1 repaired for $75 instead of 500+... JB weld works too...

indyxr

Reaction score
Im jealous! i had the money and the chance for a TRD super charger yrs ago.... now that i look back i wish i woulda gotten that :(

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Best build thread so far. Def worthy of Ketchup's attention

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That track video amps me up so much. Seriously makes me want my truck all together so I can be "At the Apex".

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
soon enough dude, soon enough, can't wait to see your truck come back together. Hopefully it'll be all broke in come Feb. I'll be making my way through your neighbor hood then on my way to Florida.

Top Bottom