Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thoughts and Pics

Shanes56

Reaction score
This Thread is meant for the purpose of those who are running the Sittin Sic Coils to post up pics and their thoughts on the kit. I will not delete any posts because I believe that all people deserve the whole story. On the flip side I would request that both comments have justification or they will be deleted. Also please do not ask the question "which drop is better" because that is based on the consumer and I do not want any other drop kits given a bad name at the expense of Sittin Sic.

Thanks in advance!

Shane
Sittin Sic :top:

Shanes56

Reaction score
POST BY WCD ON 3/11/04

I put the ss drop kit on today. It was not difficult at all. My stock springs didn't have a lot of preload on them, so I didn't need a spring compressor. Myself and a coworker worked both sides at once and the drop was done in an hour. The only snag was that I had to cut a couple inches off of each u-bolt because they were a little too long. But overall, I'm very pleased with what I bought.

Immediately after install, camber was -1.6 left and -1.2 right. But toe was off a little, so I couldn't leave it.
After alignment, truck currently sits with a camber reading of -.8 left and right, and toe is .00 left and .01 right. Both are dead middle of factory spec.

SEPERATE POST SAME DAY BY WCD

I don't have a digital cam, but it looks nice. No more excessive wheel well gap. The handling is spot on. But it's hard for me to tell if it corners better than before because I didn't drive out to some twisty road afterwards and take a corner at 70 mph. I'll let the racers sort that one out. But I'm very happy with it.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
This Thread is meant for the purpose of those who are running the Sittin Sic Coils to post up pics and their thoughts on the kit. I will not delete any posts because I believe that all people deserve the whole story. On the flip side I would request that both comments have justification or they will be deleted. Also please do not ask the question "which drop is better" because that is based on the consumer and I do not want any other drop kits given a bad name at the expense of Sittin Sic.

Thanks in advance!

Shane
Sittin Sic :top:
I will not delete any posts because I believe that all people deserve the whole story. On the flip side I would request that both comments have justification or they will be deleted.:top: You are a true patriot!! :top:Freedom of speech I love it.

Shanes56

Reaction score
HAHA yeah I guess, what I figure is it will save me and the person who bought them a lot of time if they see pros and cons of the Kit. then they will have no surprises.

I will not delete any posts because I believe that all people deserve the whole story. On the flip side I would request that both comments have justification or they will be deleted.:top: You are a true patriot!! :top:Freedom of speech I love it.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Shane, Your coil springs are in the works for me after a couple other things. Trip to Panama,XR audio system and some composite lowering leaf springs with composite traction bars. I want to know how much the stiffer spring rate helps the handling. I was screaming for someone to come up with a better sway bar for the longest. And after installing Twisted Creations sway bar bushing kit the problem has been solved. I carry 300-500 lbs. in the back of this truck in the hot summer days here in Texas and am interested how much these coils help. :top:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Some one do a meassure pic of the gap if you are sitting on stockers, front and rear please

Shanes56

Reaction score

Above front Gap
Below rear Gap

Rear Gap Above
Front Gap Below

Sorry the truck is dirty

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
For comparison sake, what's the gap without the drop? (Mine's not exactly accurate or I'd measure it myself)

mergen

Reaction score
Here is one pic of the drop, so far the ride is tighter, i like it, well worth the wait. thanks shane

Attachments

• sittinsicdrop.jpg
    sittinsicdrop.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 544

Shanes56

Reaction score
Mergen your truck is lookin steller, BHLM would really set that thing off.

Here is one pic of the drop, so far the ride is tighter, i like it, well worth the wait. thanks shane

mergen

Reaction score
thanks, i prob. will get some oem blacked out headlights later. s/c is more important now. :top:

Raversman

Banned
Reaction score
sweet truccckkk. I might have to pick me up a pair of these.

skilledbum23

Reaction score
well u know i cant wait to get mine, soon as i get it i will take some pics for u

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Is it just me or does this one look lower, it should be the same height
2316837643_00f6c18de1_o.jpg

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I think i have problems but yours doesnt look as low, the numbers seems to be close in measuring the front on yours may be a little higher, i think its probably the angle on the pic

Top Bottom