Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally bottoming up this stock engine, so I can get to work on the stroker. I should be able to get this one swapped in by this weekend.....granted everything goes smoothly....and because I said that, there will be something interesting to pop up.

Here's the latest. Swapped out the main studs for OEM bolts. As I don't have the time to cut the threads with a die, for this engine. I'll do that for the stroker.

Gave it a Brake Clean bath. That dirty whore.

Seriously, I should start investing in Brake Clean and JB Weld. ... the valve covers are also installed, and the spark plugs are in. Just waiting on a new oil pick-up to be able to install the lower oil pan. The Go Time.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet. Still on track to have the truck running by the end of the weekend. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Truck is back up and running like a champ, as of Monday evening. Thanks in part to my friend Jeff. Easiest transmission install yet. Was in in a matter of seconds. Feels great to drive it again. I have missed it a lot. I don't even care that it is only N/A.

The shifting with the Tilton Adjustable TOB, is simply AMAZING. The pedal is nice and soft. Absolutely love it! :adore:

I have already started the teardown of the built engine. I should have some new pictures up by tonight.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgot to add this. The is the new style strainer for the oil pump. PLASTIC......compared to the older style up above.

And then these back-together pics.

I had to move the oil pressure sensor from that spot, back to under the filter. As it obstructed the starter ftom being installed.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes sir. It really feels great driving it again.

I need to pull the oil pump cover off and look at the oil pump. I'll probably do that tonight to see how bad it is. So far from what I have seen in the underside of the engine, it looks really good.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that I forgot to mention that I watched that "Survived the 25" video, which you told me about. Holy smokes, that was a rush! Outstanding performance and accomplishment by those guys!

Micro

Reaction score
Two quick questions for you. What electronic option are you using for tuning? I'm sure it's buried somewhere in here, but I haven't seen it yet. Second, why lock out the variable valve timing? Is that permanent or just until you get a chance to tune it separately?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I totally forgot to take some pictures this weekend. I'll get those up tonight. In reference to the oil squirters.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes sir. It really feels great driving it again.

I need to pull the oil pump cover off and look at the oil pump. I'll probably do that tonight to see how bad it is. So far from what I have seen in the underside of the engine, it looks really good.

This picture is from early last week. Did not find any indication of damage or scoring on the oil pump. None of the aluminum shavings that were in the lower oil pan, were from anything associated with the oil pump. .

Here are the bearings.

EMS Guy

Reaction score
I believe that I forgot to mention that I watched that "Survived the 25" video, which you told me about. Holy smokes, that was a rush! Outstanding performance and accomplishment by those guys!

Crazy isn't it? That car ran our turbo kit the entire season........

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was absolutely a thrill. I was on the edge of my seat, even though I knew the outcome.

My roommate seriously wants that kit!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
These are the best that I could get. I would need a camera like that on a bore scope to get anything better.

Top Bottom