Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
As much as I could finish before it was to cold and dark.

Russell Performance 5/16's OEM to -6AN adapter, mated to an Aeroquip -6AN socketless fitting. Plugs right into the OEM line from the gas tank.

-6AN into the filter and -8AN out to the fuel rail.

shane881510

Reaction score
Nice looking fuel rails. how many feet of fuel line did it take to run from tank to the rail.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I reused the hose from the URD fuel pump kit, going into the filter. So that took off some of the length needed by the braided -8AN hose. Which is Aeroquip PTFE hose. I used 69" to the rail. About 3" at the cross-over, and 7" from the rail to the FPR.

Also, had a leak during start-up. The plugs on the fuel filter base, despite being thoroughly tightened, were seeping. I had to pull them all out and Teflon coated the plugs as well as the AN NPT fittings. Problem solved.

Gadget

Reaction score
Did you say you use the fuel line from the URD pump/filter kit on those push lock connectors?

If so that is not meant for push lock use. May never be a problem, but it is not for that use.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you sir! :top:

Now just need to get the engines back. WPC Treat the stroker crank and put it back togethern :D

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't gotten it back yet but it is salvageable. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for a vote of confidence. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stopped by Kozmic Motorsports this past Tuesday, to give them a measurement for the torque plates. Machining is still moving along. Now that they have that measurement, they can make the spacers for the torque plates, and start honing cylinders. If only Justice Racing had moved this fast.......

Toon714

Reaction score
Stopped by Kozmic Motorsports this past Tuesday, to give them a measurement for the torque plates. Machining is still moving along. Now that they have that measurement, they can make the spacers for the torque plates, and start honing cylinders. If only Justice Racing had moved this fast.......

Whats up bro! Long time no talk since u visit me in so cal.
Speaking of kozmic! can you ask them how much a set of tubular manifold for my evo x And if they got any kozmic oil catch can for a evo x for me? Need to finish up my evo before the carshow season starts.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Toooooooon! Whut up bro?!?!?!

I'll be happy to ask them. Then I'll shoot you a text.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Big o thottle body nice.

Yeah. I am enjoying this 76mm TB. I can feel the difference for certain. To bad i didn't do a before and after dyno to compare. It is noticeably more responsive. Whenever I get the stroker engine back in, and the BW turbo back on, Mmmmmmmm.

Speaking of that engine, I just paid for the torque plate yesterday. Originally the machinist believed that two separate one would be needed. By machining in an additional set of dowel pin holes, they were able to only have to make one. Which means that mine will be done this week. Which means that my engines are next in line to be worked on. WOOT! Progress is moving at an astronomical pace. Lol.

Fuel filter upgrade: Check
Fuel line size upgrade and fuel rail: Check
ProEFI Injector size corrected: Check
Injectors: Check
TB mapped for ProEFI control: Check
Ready for boost: Check
Ready for BW Turbo: Pending

Redlantern

Reaction score
Exciting times man. I give you a lot of props with the patience you're having to do and go through all this lol.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate that vote of confidence Redlantern! Staying the path has not been easy. Everyone knows that. A lot of stuff was learned along the way which would have been helpful to avoid these setbacks myself, but that same knowledge has aided me in making other people's builds be as problem free as possible. Which has given me great satisfaction.

Here's the thing. I have still been able to make progress in other aspects of it. That keeps it moving forward. I still enjoy my truck every time I climb into the driver's seat. Most importantly, every time I look at my truck, it ignites a flame of excitement within me. That flame has dwindled, and burned brightly. Until that flame goes out, I won't give up.

Top Bottom