Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gadget

Reaction score
The driver's side is easy.

It is just a position sensor. What I did was set the stock seat where I wanted it and then check the sensor. It is magnetic and for me the tab was in front of the sensor causing it to trip. So I just used angle iron and mounted the sensor to it in the tripped position and secured it.

Never did figure out the weight sensors on the passenger seat. If I could get that sorted I would love to swap seats again.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
For the passenger seat, I know for a fact that the Corbeau seat/ seat bracket has provisions for that switch.

I'll look into the position sensor mounting. Thanks Gadget.

iniazy

Reaction score
How's the engine going along? Still waiting?

I'd like to have one of those torque blocks, to bore my spare 1GR engine that's sitting in my shop. I suppose you use the old used head gasket with it when you torque it down, no?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up the truck from Kozmic Motorsports on Friday. Was getting it retuned with the new injectors. 1300cc Injector Dynamics injectors.

Made 396 whp and 472 wtq on ~7 psi. After all of the rush to get the trucks prepared for Saturday's race day, I honestly forgot to ask how the status of the work on the built engine. :(

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
On my Frankenstein engine none the less. Lol.

Had a ton to accomplish prior to the race day. Didn't stop until ~2 in the morning of race day. Couldn't have done it without the help of 1GRracer and Grumpy. :adore:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Quite a lot actually. Just haven't posted them.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The latest update, is the Aluminum tailgate spoiler by easts1d3. WOOT

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
MGW shifter to Hurst Shifter Arm adapter!

Here is a new project that I have been working on, with Coupe. It is the non anodized billet aluminum shifter arm adapter. The MGW shifter assembly's original is the gold anodized piece. It comes with the straight set rod, which sits to close to the back of the leather boot. It became necessary to trim the plastic center console to allow proper shift in in the bottom gears. This adapter no allows me a variety of options of shifter arms, and allows clearance for me to have a proper center console. :woot:

Been driving it for a couple of days now. I will most likely end up reverting to the style of shifter arm, which is the one I had originally cut. I think over all it will fit just that much better with the center console.*

Neutral position.*

Bottom gear.

The other arm has a slightly different bend. Should clear the leather cover better.*

The only other issue is when going into the forward gears. The bottom forward most edge needs to be ground down just a hair. To make it have a little more of an angle for clearance. It just barely touches the sheet metal. All in all, extremely happy.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Once I get the other style shifter, I'll update with the differences, and will trim that front lower corner. Should be spot on then.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
For the long over due shifter update.

In the shifter side quest, I've finally got it exaclty where all the pieces fit together like a puzzle. Like a"OEM" puzzle.

With the added length of the custom MGW shifter arm adapter, the bottom front corner would lightly hit the aluminum sheet metal of the transmission tunnel. That was an easy fix. Grind it off at an angle...

Problem solved.

The first Hurst shifter arm was two low at the bend and would hit the leather boot in the even gears. Despite having a comfortable handle location. $75 later, I had another to test.

You can see the differences in the bends, there. This one had the correct fit for the leather boot and center console, but curved back so far in the even gears, that it sat half way over the cup holder. I had to move my arm out of the way of the center console during even gear shifts. No go.

$80 later, the next shifter arm came in. Unfortunately I took no pictures of it, so I'll just add a link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=Hurst+5388009+Shifter+Stick

That one fits "perfectly." Momma bear shifter.

You know, if the damn shifters had more thorough specs, this could have been a lot cheaper.... :facepalm:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Went to the machinist yesterday evening. The cranks for both engines are completed and awaiting pickup. They ordered bearings for both. Rod and mains. During a previous discussion, I brought to light not to order the Clevite thrust washers/bearings. They ordered ACL thrust bearings.

Knowing that the Clevite bearings had to large an overall diameter, I went up there to compare the old Clevite bearings to the ACL ones. To determine if the ACL was the same as the Clevite, in overall diameter.

Fortunately, no money was wasted, as the ACL 1GR thrust bearings, are the same I.D., but a smaller O.D. from the Clevite 1GR thrust bearings. They also look identical to the OEM bearings, in design. Whereas the Clevites do not.

This, plus the fact that the pistons should be arriving any day now, and that the cranks are finished, is all very good news.

Once the pistons are in, boring and honing will start. And shouldn't be long before the Goldylocks sleeved short block is assembled.

This also means that they will do the touch up hone on the stroker sleeves, then send that engine out to be WPC treated. Things are making progress.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It'll have to be by YouTube, but should be close enough. :D

Top Bottom