Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tow/Trailer hitch

na-mr2

Reaction score
Anyone ever put a hitch on their Xrunner?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Yup. Lots of people. I have one. It's just not installed yet lol. Most use the Curt brand hitch as it doesn't interfere with the x brace. Others are probably fine as well but I can't guarantee that

30Birdy

Reaction score
That was one of my first mods. I have a fishing boat I tow with it. I went with the Toyota kit.

Brother Lu

Reaction score
I have the toyota one as well. Came with the truck,fits well,you barely notice it.

Limitless

Reaction score
Alot of us use the Curt as mentioned due to the X-Brace. A pain to install but it works well. You'll have to get a hitch that will lift the ball a little if you want the trailer to be level, i think mine is a 6" raise. Towing is fine once you get that, never had a problem. Also, the biggest downside is i scrape mine on occasion exiting driveways and such with a drop down when i leave front end first. Or i bump it backing into parking spaces with higher curbs. A long vehicle with a low hitch in the back can be an obstacle sometimes.

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
I will concur on the Curt hitch. Bought it off Amazon for ~$100. Install was fairly straight forward, but I also rented a lift which made the job a whole lot easier. Towed a UHaul between San Francisco and LA on multiple occasions without any issues.

30Birdy

Reaction score
Toyota hitch is expensive compared to the Curt. But you get plug and play trailer wiring, caps for the bumper bolts and a Toyota hitch cap. Just my .02.

Top Bottom