Tpms system

Discussion in 'Stock Performance/Mechanical' started by X-Runn-it-09, Jun 17, 2014.

1. X-Runn-it-09

X-Runn-it-09 New Member

Anyone got a clue or write up on disabling the TPMS system I don't need this stuff when I'm constantly checkin P.S.I on my tires anyway plus lookin to get new wheels anyway

2. shane881510

shane881510 Member

I took the led in the dash out. Never have to see that light ever again.

3. X-Runn-it-09

X-Runn-it-09 New Member

Ahhh good idea didn't think about that thanks bro

4. Edgeman

Edgeman Member

Is it constantly on? In the mean time, check your spare's air pressure, since the TPMS senses all 5 tires. At least you'll not have to worry about the warning light...until you replace your wheels.

If you like the peace of mind a TPMS system provides, you may be able to add TPMS sensors to your new wheels. That system has saved me from being stranded and/or destroying a tire.

5. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

The tpms system is a good idea, but most times the idiot light version these trucks have is more of an annoyance than a benefit. The system my G8 had told you the exact air pressure of every tire so you could see which one was low and how low it was. The Toyota version is just kinda like, there's a low tire but were not gonna tell you how low or which one lol. Honestly mine was on and off so often that I didn't even pay attention to it anymore.

6. stan23

stan23 New Member

Fully agree! I've been swapping a lot of wheels lately and the TPMS system has been a pain.

7. X-Runn-it-09

X-Runn-it-09 New Member

Ahh it was just a pain so I did what Shane did and popped out the led today..... no more dealing with that crap I hate TPMS anyway...I would just as quick pulled the registry out of the ECU and the sensors off the wheels

8. nxrunner

nxrunner New Member

Does anyone have a write up or pics of how to do this? I want to remove my led light as well and don't want to remove the wrong one or mess something up. Did you carefully break it off or just desoilder it?

9. AryaHmmr

AryaHmmr New Member

Just wondering the same thing. Is there a write up on how to remove the LED?
    I just got new Dill 7002A sensors installed ($45 each) in all 5 tires, and the computer's not picking up the signal! So frustrating

10. SgtBadA

SgtBadA Active Member

They have to be programmed to the TPMS computer. I would go back to the shop you had it done too and see about that

11. bluedemon

bluedemon New Member

or you could cut one wire and put it on a keyed IGN+ and the cluster will never light up the tpms light again...