Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TPS Light Flashing?

XPC_XR

Reaction score
What does that mean? I know when its steady it means low pressure because I recently had a flat the past month... I looked in the manual but it didnt mention what it means when its flashing.

X-Runnin

Reaction score
It flashes when you change your tires or put rims on.. did you get new tires and not transfer the tps thing from the valve stem?

XPC_XR

Reaction score
Well Im running on my spare. It didnt start flashing til like 100 after the change.

FuCt

Reaction score
just check all ur tire ppressures then reset it, mine flashes, sometimes at diffrent rates, then steady, its trippin:biggrin:

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
my light is always on because i dont have a spare in the back ... so maybe its that?

XPC_XR

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. So to reset it I guess I turn the ignition to on, hold the TPS button and hold it, then start it?

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
not sure bout the reset procedure,but i have my spare that always makes my tps trip.slow leaker.:thumpdown:

FuCt

Reaction score
its somethin like that check the book, and even after u do it itll take a few min b4 the light goes off.

X WALKER

Reaction score
Are you talking about X.R's, and if you are, where's the tps you guys are talking about? :hmmmm2:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
walker, the sensors are in the wheels.its part of your valve stems. there's a yellow tire lite that will come on in the speedo guage if the tire pressure gets low.also one in your spare tire.

WickedMon

Reaction score
Does all XR's has this? I don't think I saw it in my manual.:dontknow:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
OH YES YOU HAVE IT!:top: OR IF YOUR TRUCK CAME WITH AFTERMARKET WHEELS MAYBE IT DOESN'T.

WickedMon

Reaction score
Yeah thats what I thought! On the bright side we got 5 less sensors to worry about. :top:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
What does that mean? I know when its steady it means low pressure because I recently had a flat the past month... I looked in the manual but it didnt mention what it means when its flashing.
When the TPWS light flashes it means that the tire monitor ECU is not reading a sensor or sensors due to a bad sensor or sensors, also sometimes they have to be reinitialized to the ECU which is done by jumping pins CG and Tc together at the OBD2 connector under the dash, the only way to really know what is going on is to have the live data scanned for the TPWS with a scan tool at the dealership.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. So to reset it I guess I turn the ignition to on, hold the TPS button and hold it, then start it?
To reset the TPWS turn the ignition key to the on position and wait for the tire light to go out and then press the reset button under the dash and hold it until the tire warning light flashes 3 times and then release, then you are reset. Note: like everybody else is saying check all 5 tires to be sure you have the proper pressure before resetting.

XPC_XR

Reaction score
To reset the TPWS turn the ignition key to the on position and wait for the tire light to go out and then press the reset button under the dash and hold it until the tire warning light flashes 3 times and then release, then you are reset. Note: like everybody else is saying check all 5 tires to be sure you have the proper pressure before resetting.

Thanks for giving the info. I didnt know I had to wait for the light to turn off. I was wondering why I couldnt reset it.

Top Bottom